Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need script Post 302181499 by shary on Thursday 3rd of April 2008 06:30:36 AM
Old 04-03-2008
thanks its really working fine
could you please tell me that what is %s and %.f
awk -F, '{printf("%s,%.f\n",$0,$NF/50)}' input.txt

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
FPRINTF(3)								 1								FPRINTF(3)

fprintf - Write a formatted string to a stream

SYNOPSIS
int fprintf (resource $handle, string $format, [mixed $args], [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Write a string produced according to $format to the stream resource specified by $handle. PARAMETERS
o $handle -A file system pointer resource that is typically created using fopen(3). o $format - See sprintf(3) for a description of $format. o $args - o $... - RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the string written. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fprintf(3): zero-padded integers <?php if (!($fp = fopen('date.txt', 'w'))) { return; } fprintf($fp, "%04d-%02d-%02d", $year, $month, $day); // will write the formatted ISO date to date.txt ?> Example #2 fprintf(3): formatting currency <?php if (!($fp = fopen('currency.txt', 'w'))) { return; } $money1 = 68.75; $money2 = 54.35; $money = $money1 + $money2; // echo $money will output "123.1"; $len = fprintf($fp, '%01.2f', $money); // will write "123.10" to currency.txt echo "wrote $len bytes to currency.txt"; // use the return value of fprintf to determine how many bytes we wrote ?> SEE ALSO
printf(3), sprintf(3), sscanf(3), fscanf(3), vsprintf(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group FPRINTF(3)