Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help removing the prefix of more than 10,000 files Post 302181355 by bbbngowc on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 06:29:57 PM
Old 04-02-2008
Hey man, thanks for the command. It'll come in handy.

I should've mentioned this is a windows machine and I was looking for a perl script to do this. Unless I can run this through a UNIX machine and ftp or telnet into the windows box?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft "Donates" $3,000,000,000 to Feds

Surreal quote from the news link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44615-2002Nov12.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing prefix from multiple files and renaming file extension

Hello i have the files in this format pdb1i0t.ent pdb1lv7.ent pdb1pp6.ent pdb1tj2.ent pdb1xg2.ent pdb2b4b.ent pdb2ewe.ent Now i have to remove the prefix pdb from all the files and also i need to change the extension of .ent to .txt The new file should look like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Take 100MB worth files from 200,000 Files

Hi, I have a process which creates almost 200K files. Each file ranging from 1kb to 5kb. This is almost 2GB of data in all files. I have a requirement where the business needs only 100MB worth of files. Is there a way to get files around 100MB (doesn't have to be exactly 100MB) from all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add foldername as prefix to files

Hi there, I am looping through folders in order to rename the files in the current folder. So, given me being a newbie here, I would do that with a for-loop. The renaming per se should be like this: I want to add the folder-name as a prefix to the files in the folder in question. For instance,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jahndavik
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing only Prefix string (!)

Hello everyone, I want to remove only prefix ME_ from all the values that are present in the FILEA. Below code I'm using for this. sed 's/ME\_//g' FILEA > FILEB Using the above code, all ME_ values are getting removed from the file. But the problem here is I want to remove only Prefix ME_... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ed_9
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Uniq prefix from a start and end prefix

Dear All, assume i have a file with content: <Start>6000</Start> <Stop>7599</Stop> the output is: 6000 7000 7100 7200 7300 7400 7599 how should we use any awk, sed, perl can do this task, means to extract the uniq prefixes from the start and stop prefix. Thanks Jimmy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies
MPI_WIN_DUP_FN(3)						      LAM/MPI							 MPI_WIN_DUP_FN(3)

NAME
MPI_WIN_DUP_FN - Built-in MPI function to simple-mindedly copy window attributes. SYNOPSIS
#include <mpi.h> int MPI_WIN_DUP_FN(MPI_Win win, int key, void *extra, void *attrin, void *attrout, int *flag) INPUT PARAMETERS
win - window (handle) key - key value (integer) extra - extra state attrin - in value for attribute OUTPUT PARAMETERS
attrout - out value for attribute flag - 1 if attribute copied successfully, 0 otherwise (logical) NOTES
This function blindly byte-copies attributes on windows. It is the default atrribute-copying function for windows. This function will always return MPI_SUCCESS , and flag will always be set to 1. The actual copy is performed by the code *((void **) attrout) = attrin; If this simple assignment is not sufficient for your attributes, you will need to reassign the attribute-copying function on relevant key- vals on windows with the MPI_Win_keyval_create function. NOTES FOR FORTRAN
All MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK ) have an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the call statement. All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype , MPI_Comm ) are of type INTEGER in Fortran. SEE ALSO
MPI_Win_keyval_create MORE INFORMATION
For more information, please see the official MPI Forum web site, which contains the text of both the MPI-1 and MPI-2 standards. These documents contain detailed information about each MPI function (most of which is not duplicated in these man pages). http://www.mpi-forum.org/ ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
The LAM Team would like the thank the MPICH Team for the handy program to generate man pages ("doctext" from ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/sow- ing/sowing.tar.gz ), the initial formatting, and some initial text for most of the MPI-1 man pages. LOCATION
dupfn.c LAM
/MPI 7.1.4 6/24/2006 MPI_WIN_DUP_FN(3)