Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check for lines in a file.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check for lines in a file. Post 302181340 by KevinADC on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 04:55:52 PM
Old 04-02-2008
Well, where are you stuck? What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check position of end of line for some specific lines

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have to check in a file that the lines starting with 620 and 705 are ending at same posiotin. 82012345 62023232323 70523949558 62023255454 9999 In the above lines, i have to check the lines starting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check numeric fields greater than zero, and delete lines if appropriate

This be the latest in my problems sorting through router logs... I'm half way there on a problem, but I've hit the limitation of my knowledge Got some router interface log files of type router01:GigabitEthernet9/24 is up, line protocol is up (connected) router01: 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorkie99
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Check & Edit Content of a file (Addition of comma in each lines of code)

Hi all, I need to write an automated bash shell script which performs such operations: 1. Grep the header of everyline with the initial of "T" in "FILE_A" 2. Perform a for loop, Count the numbers of comma in the line of code, if (no. of comma < 17) ADD the comma until 17; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_nutz
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check last lines of different files

Hey, Each night, about 2000 network devices are being backupped. So in different folders, i've got each night 2000 new text files. And normally, in these files, on the last 5 lines, the word 'end' or 'return' should be found. If not, it means that the backup failed. Is there an easy way... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brononius
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to check the latest lines of log in vi editor itself..

Hi Folks, If I open the logs in vi editor but as the logs get update after few seconds and I want to see the latest lines then whats the command to see the latest lines in vi editor itself , lets say I have open a log named abc.log in vi..!! vi abc.log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check Blank Lines, Blank Records and Junk Characters in a File

Hi All Need Help I have a file with the below format (ABC.TXT) : ®¿¿ABCDHEJJSJJ|XCBJSKK01|M|7348974982790 HDFLJDKJSKJ|KJALKSD02|M|7378439274898 KJHSAJKHHJJ|LJDSAJKK03|F|9898982039999 (cont......) I need to write a script where it will check for : blank lines (between rows,before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies
DTCK(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  DTCK(1p)

NAME
dtck - Check the DNSSEC-Tools data files for sanity. SYNOPSIS
dtck [options] [dtck_config_file] DESCRIPTION
dtck checks DNSSEC-Tools data files to determine if the entries are valid. dtck checks the validity of DNSSEC-Tools configuration files, rollrec files, and keyrec files. It does not perform the file checking itself, but runs checking programs specific to each type of data file. A dtck configuration file is consulted to determine the files to check. This file lists the DNSSEC-Tools data files and their types. If a dtck configuration file is not given on the command line, dtck will only check the DNSSEC-Tools configuration file. This is equivalent to running dtconfchk directly. DTCK CONFIGURATION FILE
A dtck configuration file contains a list of the files to be checked by dtck. Except for comments, each line has the following format: keyword file directory keyword is one of "config", "rollrec", or "keyrec". file is the pathname of the file to be checked. directory is the name of the directory that holds file and is optional. The dtck configuration file contains the following types of records: config These lines define the DNSSEC-Tools configuration files that will be checked. The dtconfchk program will be used to verify these files. rollrec These lines define the rollrec files that will be checked. The rollchk program will be used to verify these files. keyrec These lines define the keyrec files that will be checked. The krfcheck program will be used to verify these files. comments Any lines starting with an octothorpe (#) are comment lines and are ignored. OPTIONS
dtck takes two types of options. Options of the first type are handled directly by dtck, controlling its output and processing. Options of the second type are passed to the file-checking programs and are not further handled by dtck. Options Handled by dtck -defcon This option directs dtck to add the default DNSSEC-Tools configuration file to the list of configuration files to be checked. -list The names of the files will be listed as they are checked. -pretty Clarifying output is added to the output from dtck and the file-checking programs. -help Display a usage message. Options Not Handled by dtck -count The file-checking programs will display a final error count. -quiet No output will be given by the file-checking program. -verbose Verbose output will be given by the file-checking program. -Version Displays the version information for dtck and the DNSSEC-Tools package. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wayne Morrison, tewok@tislabs.com SEE ALSO
dtconfchk(8), krfcheck(8), rollchk(8) dnssec-tools.conf(5), keyrec(5), rollrec(5) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 DTCK(1p)