Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: expect issue...help!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting expect issue...help! Post 302181184 by sysgate on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 10:05:15 AM
Old 04-02-2008
Expect doesn't have "print" statement, AFAIK, use "puts" instead. Else, save the expect script as a different file, and see if it executes correctly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script issue

HI Al, I have written the following expect script: #!/bin/ksh #!/usr/local/bin/expect-- ##echo "PLease enter the server name" ##read host echo "please enter the instance" read instance set ##password to be entered right before the script is run## ##/usr/local/bin/expect<<-EOF cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Segwar
2 Replies

2. AIX

Performance issue in expect library on AIX 5.3

Hi All, I am getting a performance issue in expect5.43.0 library on IBM AIX 5.3. When I have used exp_fexpectv call for pattern matching with the expect string, the execution latency of the call is approximately 200 ms. In that way, I am able to complete only 4 or 5 transactions per... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra_maddal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect issue??

I have these variables set: FTPPATH=/directory/test/customer FTPFILE=file.txt I am trying to call this function: ftpFiles () { echo ${FTPPATH} ${FTPFILE} | expect >/dev/null <<EOF set ftppath set ftpfile spawn sftp xxxxxx@server1 expect "password:" send "xxxxxxxx\r" expect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script issue

This is my expect script . set USERNAME set PASSWD set IP set timeout 15 spawn telnet $IP expect "login:" send "$USERNAME\r" expect "Password:" send "$PASSWD\r" expect "Password:" send "$PASSWD\r" expect "*\>" send "show version\r" expect "*\>" send "quit\r" ouput of it (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Issue with Expect Script for SFTP.

Hi Experts, I am learning expect and wrote the below script for automatic sftp into a server: #!/usr/local/bin/expect -f -d spawn sftp -v test@mumux503 # logs into mumux503 as test user expect "password:" sleep 20 send "test\r"; # sending the password for test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue - Expect Script.

Hi Gurus,I am trying to automate SFTP using expect.I have written a script that logs into a few boxes(one after the other) and pulls a few files from them.The code:#!/bin/kshcat serverlist.conf|wc -l >> tmp #serverlist.conf contains the list of servers.tmp1=$tmpfor tmp1 in listdo while read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to handle the expect script issue

Hi experts I know the expect script can match the terminal output to run the the following cmd I write a script with expect named "test", I want to run ten "test" with background running, for ((i=1;i<=10;i++) do ./test -n $i done I find all the output of test will print on one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect ssh script issue with if and foreach

Hi, I am trying to create an ssh script to login to cisco routers and activate/deactivate bgp neighbors if they match certain conditions. I dont think my "if" and "foreach" are working correctly. Any help is appreciated. Below is my script: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blahblahsomeone
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script issue

Hi All, I have the problem to run the commands in expect script from shell script. Mentioned below is the shell and expect script. ##Shell Script## cat bscfile.txt | while read line do NODE=$line ./expect.sh $line $NAME done line= 1st input NAME=2nd input... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yadvinder_singh
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Issue in installing expect and Tcl

Hi I need to install expect in redhat. through net I came to know that I must install tcl too in order to make expect work. I have downloaded both packages but not able to install # ls -lrt total 3720 18:33 tcl8.4.20-src.tar.gz 18:33 expect5.45.3.tar.gz 18:40 expect5.45.3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
7 Replies
MSSQL_FREE_STATEMENT(3) 												   MSSQL_FREE_STATEMENT(3)

mssql_free_statement - Free statement memory

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_free_statement (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
mssql_free_statement(3) only needs to be called if you are worried about using too much memory while your script is running. All statement memory will automatically be freed when the script ends. You may call mssql_free_statement(3) with the statement identifier as an argument and the associated statement memory will be freed. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Statement resource, obtained with mssql_init(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_free_statement(3) example <?php // Create a new statement $stmt = mssql_init('test'); // Bind values here and execute the statement // once we're done, we clear it from the memory // using mssql_free_statement like so: mssql_free_statement($stmt); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_bind(3), mssql_execute(3), mssql_init(3), mssql_free_result(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FREE_STATEMENT(3)