Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check and report database file sizes... Post 302181090 by mirusnet on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 04:56:19 AM
Old 04-02-2008
What database?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for file names/sizes

How can I look at a certain directory and list all the file names, locations and sizes of each file in the current directory and all subdirectories? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for checking and reporting file sizes in a directory.

Hi, Need help for a Script for checking and reporting database file sizes in a directory. Request you to please give your valuable inputs. Thanks a lot in advance. Best Regards, Marconi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I check using shell-script if an item is available in a database?

Input for the program is a text file consisting of n no. of items. I want search each item in a database and the existing parts should go to FOUND folder and the others should go to NOTFOUND folder. Pls help me in this. Thank u. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarty86
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking file sizes in script

Hi, I'm trying to check a filesize within a script and then excute a relevant action. An example is below: if then rm $filename rm $filename2 elif then rm $filename2 fi Basically if $filename2 has a filesize of 0 then I want both files to be removed, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare file sizes

I need to write a bash script larger X Y that compares the sizes of two specified files X and Y, and reports which file is larger. For example, if X is larger, the output should be "File X is larger", while if Y is larger, the output should be "File Y is larger". If the files are exactly the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: julia_21436
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using csh / awk / sed to compare database sizes in a txt file

Hello, I have an output file showing database sizes across the 3 environments that I use (LIVE, TEST & DEVELOPMENT). I am trying to write a script that lets me know if the size of a db on one environment is different to its corresponding db on the other environments. Here is an example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_g
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to report database home in unix

Hello: I am trying to build a ksh shell script which would summarize space occupied by "product" directory under /u*/app/oracle and summarize and report the total size occupied by it in one server. Environment is this... HP UNIX 11i Korn Shell some thing like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam1974
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check the health of a database

need a script to check the health of a session server database. It must read the data base and send an alert if the database is unavailable. If its unavailable, we will want to bring down the database listener to force failover. can u guyz help me in doing this. what information do i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: remo999
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export data from database in Excel sheet with the help of Shell script and automated the report

Export data from database in Excel sheet with the help of Shell script and automated the report every day in the mornig. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
1 Replies
kdb_init(8krb)															    kdb_init(8krb)

Name
       kdb_init - initialize the Kerberos master database

Syntax
       /var/dss/kerberos/bin/kdb_init [ realm-name ] [ database-name ]

Arguments
       realm-name   The realm of the Kerberos database.

database-name
		    A database specified so that the current and files are not overwritten.

Description
       The  utility  creates  and  initializes	the Kerberos master database.  The utility creates the database files: and It also initializes the
       database by adding three database entries: the master database principal, a Kerberos default principal, the ticket-granting service princi-
       pal ( and the password changing principal,

The master database principal is the entry to the database itself.  You cannot use or modify the database without the master database pass-
       word.  The Kerberos default principal provides a template for service principals.

The ticket-granting service, is used by Kerberos principals to obtain tickets to communicate with other Kerberos principals.  The password-
       changing principal is not used.

If  realm-name  is  omitted  when  you enter the command, prompts for it. The program also prompts for the master database key.	You cannot
       manipulate the database without this key.

By using database-name, you can create another database to prevent the current and files from being overwritten.

After using to set up the master database, you may want to use the utility to hide the  master  database  password  on  the  database  host
       machine.  This  enables	Kerberos  administration programs to access and manipulate the master database, without needing the password to be
       entered manually.

Files
       See Also
	      kdb_util(8krb), kstash(8krb), kdb_edit(8krb), kdb_destroy(8krb)

kdb_init(8krb)