Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers create PATH from find command output Post 302180799 by rein on Tuesday 1st of April 2008 07:24:15 AM
Old 04-01-2008
PATH=$PATH:`find $dir -name "*.jar" | sed 's/$/:/' | xargs`

works but now the output looks like this:

PATH=/path/to/1.jar: /path/to/2.jar: /path/to/3.jar:

with spaces in between, I do the following and that works:

| sed 's/ *//g'`

so the full command is:

Code:
PATH=$PATH:`find $dir -name "*.jar" | sed 's/$/:/' | xargs | sed 's/ *//g'`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How would I make a find command NOT show the path of a file?

When I do find . -name "*.txt" -size +0 -exec ls {} \; I get something like ./lpi_stdout.txt ./lpi_stderr.txt What would I need to do or pipe it into to strip off those first two characters so I just get lpi_stdout.txt lpi_stderr.txt ? Thanks for the help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to find the path of a file

What is the command to find the path of a file if we know the file name and the root directory where the file resides.. For eg. if a file abc.dat resides in /home/mydir/myfiles/. I am looking for a command which will be fired from / directory, takes abc.dat as input and display the path of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate value comparing 2 files and create an output

I need a perl script which will create an output file after comparing two diff file in a directory path: /export/home/abc/file1 /export/home/abc/file2 File Format: <IP>TAB<DeviceName><TAB>DESCRIPTIONS file1: 10.1.2.1.3<tab>abc123def<tab>xyz.mm1.ppp.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help-prompt for path and take this as input in find command

HI , I am trying to wite a script that will prompt me saying " what is path that you want to find ?". once i specify the path, the script should put this path in the find command mentioned below and execute the script: find <path> -ctime +200 -type f -exec ls -l {} \; for example : ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to find the absolute path

i understand by using the pwd command we get the present working directory. which command is used to find absolute path from home directory to root.. What is absolute path to your and root user's home directory.:confused::confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaziafathima
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

No need path in output of LS command

hi, while i am placing the command. ls /app/callidus/rci_vst_p1/vst_fact_sms_cdr* I am getting the below ouput.. Output /app/callidus/rci_vst_p1/Inbound/vst_fact_sms_cdr_20101124.dat /app/callidus/rci_vst_p1/Inbound/vst_fact_sms_cdr_20101215.dat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command not searching path when -newer specified

When this command is issued from a directory other than where the file is located it works fine: find /db2/D01/log_archive/ -name "S0002166.LOG" -type f /db2/D01/log_archive/db2d01/D01/NODE0000/C0000000/S0002166.LOG When I change -name to -newer, it doesn't work. Find only searches the current... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fletchdb2
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command fails when a space is in the directory path variable

I have a script like this running under OS X 10.8. The problem arises when the find command encounters a space in the path name. I need the "dir" variable as I'll be extending the script to more general use. #!/bin/bash CFS=$IFS IFS=$(echo) set dir = "/Users/apta/Library/Mail\... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apta
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to find the path of a command?

Hi guys. I want to know the path of a command. I tried "which" command also . But no luck. Please tell me how to find and update the correct path of the command. Here I'm unable to find the path of ext2online command # resize2fs /dev/vg01/lvora_backup resize2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Find command to exclude a specific path

Hi Folks, I want to run the below command and to exclude the specific path like /var/test/support/... . How to achieve using the below command find / -type f \( –perm –4000 –o –perm –2000 \) –print -Siva Please do not use FONT tags inside CODE tags. And, there is usually no reason to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Installs a jar into /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_installjar [option]... [pom] [jar] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Installs the jar file in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. The jar is copied into the build directory. It can also create additional links to the jar, usually located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [jar] is the path to the jar to install, usually located in the build folder. [link] is an additional link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain this jar file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the jar, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -l --java-lib: Optional, if given it will install the jar into /usr/share/java to comply with the Debian Java specification. The jar will be installed as /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar and a versionless link /usr/share/java/$name.jar will point to it, as well as the links installed in /usr/share/maven-repo -n<name> --usj-name=<name>: Optional, the name to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the artifact id found in the POM. -j<version> --usj-version=<version>: Optional, the version to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the version found in the POM. -s --no-usj-versionless: Optional, don't install the versionless link in /usr/share/java. This flag is used only when the -l or --java-lib option is given. -d<path> --dest-jar=<path>: Optional, the destination for the real jar. The other places where the jar appears, in the repository or in the list of links, will be symlinks to this jar. Defaults to /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar if --java-lib is used, otherwise the jar is installed in the versioned path in the Maven reposi- tory. -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar See also: mh_installpom(1), mh_installsite(1) Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)