Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) What's The Easiest Route To Creating A Unix Executable File for Terminal? Post 302180649 by unimachead on Monday 31st of March 2008 09:03:49 PM
Old 03-31-2008
Thanks for your response MA Flying Meat, sorry for the late reply. I'll have to check the extension on the file. I was in 10.4.11 when I saw this. I'll get back with you when I get to the machine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

problem in creating executable for a client program

Hi, I am trying to run simple client server c program in unix.At the compling stage server is creating an executable but the client is not. below is the link to the source codes: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/courses/sysprog/sockets/server.c http://www.cs.rpi.edu/courses/sysprog/sockets/client.c ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to route error to log file in unix

Hey Every one I have a find statement which find the files and deletes them find /web/local/orderlink/batchmanaged01/scripts/SMOappLogs/log -name 'orderlink.log.*' -type f -mtime +$10-exec rm -f {} \; This statement if finds a file at the given location it will delete the files but if it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert Unix executable file to Tiff

Hi, I know nothing about Unix. Recently received image files from a client. Mac sees it as a Unix executable file. How do I convert these files to Tiff? Thanks for helping. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pet Teoh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating executable for every C file

hello Folks, once we compile any C code on Linux, we run the code using "./a.out".. but can we have an executable for every program so that we can run the code directly without compiling the code every time. just run the executable and get the output! Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i read a non text file in unix - ELF-64 executable object file - IA64

The binary file is ELF-64 executable object file - IA64. How i know that the source is Is there any comamnd in unix i can read these kind of files or use a thirty party software? Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix executable file

Hi - How can I find out under sh whitch file is an unix executable file? Need it for an software inventory. Thanks in advance. Regards - Lazybaer (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write an executable file in Unix

Hi, I want to write an executable file in unix env to go to a particular path instead of always typing the long path cd /app/oracle/product/10.2.0/Db_1/scripts/prejib/sample. I have tried with the below script in but not working . please help me bash-3.00$ cat a.sh #!/bin/sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prejib
3 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

creating an executable file from shell scripts

Hi Friends, I have a shell script which does some operations etc, would it be possible to create an executable file out from this shell script? meaning the executable file is not editable, thus the source code will not be visible to other users for copyright reasons. Please help, thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating executable script--please help

Hi group, I am very beginner in shell scripting and self learning. I am trying to create and executable script to run awk from user defined variables. e.g. suppose from a given file I want to delete some rows or some columns We need to repeat this process for many files. Thus I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitra
4 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Creating An Executable On The Fly...

Hi all... Had an idea tonight which could really enhance shell scripting for me. Yes I am aware there could be difficulties but...... Creating a C script inside the shell script to do a task, (a simple text print to stdout in this example), compiling it on the fly, making sure it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
root_geometry_manager() 												   root_geometry_manager()

Name
  root_geometry_manager - Shell class method called to negotiate shell geometry requests with a window manager.

Synopsis
  typedef XtGeometryResult (*XtGeometryHandler)(Widget, XtWidgetGeometry *,
  XtWidgetGeometry *);
	   Widget w;
	   XtWidgetGeometry *request;
	   XtWidgetGeometry *geometry_return;

Inputs
  w	    Specifies the shell widget making the request.

request   Specifies the requested geometry.

Outputs
  geometry_return
	    Specifies the reply geometry.

Returns
  The window manager's reply: XtGeometryYes, XtGeometryNo, XtGeometryAlmost, or XtGeometryDone.

Availability
  Release 4 and later.

Description
  The  root_geometry_manager() method is registered on the root_geometry_manager field of a ShellClassExtensionRec structure with record_type
  NULLQUARK, which is itself registered on the extension field of the Shell class part structure.  The root_geometry_manager() method will be
  called  when a shell widget calls XtMakeGeometryRequest() or XtMakeResizeRequest(), and should negotiate the requested size with the window
  manager.

The arguments to this method are the same as those passed to the geometry_manager() method.  The root_geometry_manager() method should pass
  the  geometry  request on to the window manager.  If the window manager permits the new geometry, the root_geometry_manager() should return
  XtGeometryYes; if the window manager denies the geometry request or it does not change the window geometry  within  some  timeout  interval
  (the	XtNwmTimeout resource for WMShell, for example), the root_geometry_manager() should return XtGeometryNo.  If the window manager makes
  some alternative geometry change, the root_geometry_manager() method may either return XtGeometryNo  and  handle  the  new  geometry	as  a
  resize,  or  may return XtGeometryAlmost in anticipation that the shell will accept the compromise.  If the compromise is not accepted, the
  new size must then be handled as a resize.

Communication with a window manager is an asynchronous process, but the root_geometry_manager()  procedure  must  return  its  answer  syn-
  chronously.  It will have to issue its request and then block until the reply arrives.

The  root_geometry_manager()	method is not chained.	It can be inherited by specifying XtInheritRootGeometryManager in the Shell extension
  record.  If there is no Shell extension record with record_type equal to NULLQUARK, then the Intrinsics will behave as if an extension  was
  specified with XtInheritRootGeometryManager.

See  the Inter-Client Communications Conventions Manual for information on communicating with window managers.  See geometry_manager(4) for
  a description of the structures and the possible return values of this method.

Usage
  The root_geometry_manager() method of the Shell class itself handles communication with  ICCCM-compliant  window  managers.	It  sets  the
  appropriate  properties  to  make the geometry request, then uses XCheckIfEvent() to block until an ConfigureNotify event arrives in reply.
  This method also uses private functions internal to the Intrinsics in order to correctly handle the events.  Because of the complexity  and
  implementation-specific  nature  of  this  method,  classes  that  want to define a custom root_geometry_manager() method should make their
  requests to the window manager, and then call their superclass's method to make additional requests, block, and get the response.

See Also
  XtMakeGeometryRequest(1), XtMakeResizeRequest(1),
  Shell(3),
  geometry_manager(4).

Xt - Intrinsics Methods 												   root_geometry_manager()