Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fill the Key fields : Please help us Post 302180576 by era on Monday 31st of March 2008 02:14:15 PM
Old 03-31-2008
Here's an attempt at generaliziing this.

Code:
awk 'NR==1{ for (i=1; i<=NF; ++i) { k[i]=$i } keep=NF; print; next}
NF!=keep{ for(i=1;i<=keep-NF;++i)printf("%s,",k[i]); print;
                   for(j=i;j<=keep;++j) { n=j-i+1;k[j]=$n}; next; }
{ for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) k[i]=$i; print}' FS=',' f1

Completely untested but might even work. Note the addition of the code to copy down stuff from a line which was too short, so if you have lines with successively more information missing, that too should work now. But again, I didn't test this code properly.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Esc key/Auto-fill

I'm an HPUX/Linux guy, who appreciates occasionally hitting the Esc key for Auto-fill... Does sunOS have anything like this? This is my 1st post, and I didn't want to waste it :D thanks, manuel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

align several fields and fill spaces with zero

hi all, i have a big problem, and i donīt know what to do. i have a flat file with several fields, which are separated by ";" like this: 5656838-7B;97030000-7;*;V16106133 ;1;1; 4612062-0B;97030000-7;*;C14038149 ;1;2; 8044938-0B;97030000-7;*;V16034219 ;1;2; where B is a blank space. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching by key fields

I have a file (key.dat) that contains two columns: AA|1234| BB|567| CC|8910| I have another file (extract.dat) that contains some data: SD|458|John|Smith| AA|3345|Frank|Williams| AA|1234|Bill|Garner| BD|0098|Yu|Lin| BB|567|Gail|Hansen| CC|8910|Ken|Nielsen| I want to compare the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl function to sort a file based on key fields

Hi, I am new to PERL.I want to sort all the lines in a file based on 1,2 and 4th filelds. Can U suggest me a command/function in perl for this operation.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikd214
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Fields from two text files using key columns

Hi All, I have two files to compare. Each has 10 columns with first 4 columns being key index together. The rest of the columns have monetary values. Using Perl, I want to read one file into hash; check for the key value availability in file 2; then compare the values in the rest of 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fill fields with awk from an array?

Hi experts, I have been trying for a while to accomplish the following task using awk, and I just don't seem find find a way. I am not particular about using awk, it just seemed like the logical choice at first. I have a file that contains 5 fields that are delimited by a space character.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GermanicGalore
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join and merge multiple files with duplicate key and fill void columns

Join and merge multiple files with duplicate key and fill void columns Hi guys, I have many files that I want to merge: file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)