Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: {wta}ibm F80-7025
Operating Systems AIX {wta}ibm F80-7025 Post 302180560 by dukessd on Monday 31st of March 2008 01:04:19 PM
Old 03-31-2008
Hi,
Welcome to unix.com.

This is the AIX forum for all machine types.

What do you want to discuss?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX-DualBoot on IBM F80

Hey, I want to dualboot AIX 4.3.3 und AIX 5.1 on an ibm F80 server. Preinstalled was 4.3.3 and I installed 5.1 afterwards. After the installation of 5.1 my server always hangs with a 0555 - Message on the LED-display. The manual tells me that this means problems with the filesystems. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
3 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

IBM x445

IBM x445 8x3.0Ghz XEON, 8GB RAM SLES8 BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- Linux hostname 2.4.21-251-smp #1 SMP Thu Sep 23 17:22:54 UTC 2004 i686 unknown Start Benchmark Run: Wed Dec 1 17:35:55 CET 2004 4 interactive users. Dhrystone 2 without register variables ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwilkens
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IBM vs SUN

Wanted to ask if you all had heard that SUN is or will desupport their hardware? Also I heard somewhere that they are in bankruptcy. Is this true? If so does anyone have any links to this info? TIA Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
1 Replies

4. AIX

Replacing tape drive in RS/6000 7025 F40 running AIX 4.2.1?

I've just landed in a situation where an old IBM RS/6000 7025 F40 running AIX 4.2.1 has had it's tape drive fail. The tape drive in question is an HP C1533A 4mm 4GB/8GB DAT drive. It repeatedly gets write failures, and my trusty techique of whacking the cleaning tape in hasn't worked. Unfortunately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaedrus
2 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

debian boot failed on IBM RS6000 7025 F80

Hi everybody. I have an old IBM RS6000 Model 7025 F80 with AIX 4.3.3 installed with 2 primary scsi disks. I want to install linux (any flavor) on it. I downloaded and burned an iso image of debian (http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r4a/powerpc/iso-cd/debian-40r4a-powerpc-netinst.iso),... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagoras
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New OS for IBM server

I was recently given an older 1998 RS/6000 IBM machine supposedly called a Shark and once used by either an internet dial up or hosting company from what I understand. Regardless, in talking to the wife of the previous owner who died, and from what I understand, it hasn't been cleared of original... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: W.A.C
5 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

9. AIX

Need IBM PowerVM

Hi all please give me a link for IBM PowerVM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
4 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
ELFEDIT(1)						       GNU Development Tools							ELFEDIT(1)

NAME
elfedit - Update the ELF header of ELF files. SYNOPSIS
elfedit [--input-mach=machine] [--input-type=type] [--input-osabi=osabi] --output-mach=machine --output-type=type --output-osabi=osabi [-v|--version] [-h|--help] elffile... DESCRIPTION
elfedit updates the ELF header of ELF files which have the matching ELF machine and file types. The options control how and which fields in the ELF header should be updated. elffile... are the ELF files to be updated. 32-bit and 64-bit ELF files are supported, as are archives containing ELF files. OPTIONS
The long and short forms of options, shown here as alternatives, are equivalent. At least one of the --output-mach, --output-type and --output-osabi options must be given. --input-mach=machine Set the matching input ELF machine type to machine. If --input-mach isn't specified, it will match any ELF machine types. The supported ELF machine types are, L1OM, K1OM and x86-64. --output-mach=machine Change the ELF machine type in the ELF header to machine. The supported ELF machine types are the same as --input-mach. --input-type=type Set the matching input ELF file type to type. If --input-type isn't specified, it will match any ELF file types. The supported ELF file types are, rel, exec and dyn. --output-type=type Change the ELF file type in the ELF header to type. The supported ELF types are the same as --input-type. --input-osabi=osabi Set the matching input ELF file OSABI to osabi. If --input-osabi isn't specified, it will match any ELF OSABIs. The supported ELF OSABIs are, none, HPUX, NetBSD, GNU, Linux (alias for GNU), Solaris, AIX, Irix, FreeBSD, TRU64, Modesto, OpenBSD, OpenVMS, NSK, AROS and FenixOS. --output-osabi=osabi Change the ELF OSABI in the ELF header to osabi. The supported ELF OSABI are the same as --input-osabi. -v --version Display the version number of elfedit. -h --help Display the command line options understood by elfedit. @file Read command-line options from file. The options read are inserted in place of the original @file option. If file does not exist, or cannot be read, then the option will be treated literally, and not removed. Options in file are separated by whitespace. A whitespace character may be included in an option by surrounding the entire option in either single or double quotes. Any character (including a backslash) may be included by prefixing the character to be included with a backslash. The file may itself contain additional @file options; any such options will be processed recursively. SEE ALSO
readelf(1), and the Info entries for binutils. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License". binutils-2.23.52.0.1 2014-06-10 ELFEDIT(1)