Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script for Country Codes
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script for Country Codes Post 302180415 by zanetti321 on Monday 31st of March 2008 06:04:33 AM
Old 03-31-2008
Additional Info

Adding to my last request the file containing this line contains about 300000 lines so the script should be somehow fast.

Thanks
Zanetti

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Country Codes script faster response ;please help

Dear all I have group of input lines which look like this These input lines is placed in a file named phonelines.txt and there is a script which match $4 and $5 with country codes placed in another file named country-codes.txt and its contents is : Italy 39 Libyana 21892 Thuraya... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

whois country help

Hello folks, I have list of ips like 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 4.4.4.4 whois 1.1.1.1 |grep -E 'country|Country' it show country=US or whatever. so i have number of ips in text file, how i can use above script to automate output like 1.1.1.1 US 2.2.2.2 CA 3.3.3.3 FR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

'watch' not interpreting escape codes in bash script

Hi there, I'm fairly new to bash scripting and already having some troubles. I'm making a script that can print some series of strings in colors based in the information of a file, for simplicity let's say it only does: #!/bin/bash printf "\eWhen you execute this in the command line it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arashi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script Exit Codes

Here is my daily stupid question: How can I tell a script to only execute if the other scripts exits successfully? So "script A" executes and it executes successfully (0),then "script B" will run or else "script A "executes and it exits unsucessfully (1) then "script B" will read return... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ip 2 country sorting[solved]

Dear folks. I have list of ip address from different country, i would like check from script this ip address belong to which country, please suggest any command, i have more than 200 ip address so i need to do it via script. Script will show me country code and its City if possible? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
0 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registering from blocked country

Hi, I'm come from Vietnam and want to join to Unix forum just because I like Unix programming and want to learning more. My IP is allocate by DHCP server so it is dynamic. Here is my desired username and my email: Username: lucasdo Email: rennersstar@gmail.com Thank you very much for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasdo
0 Replies
REDIFF(1)							     Man pages								 REDIFF(1)

NAME
rediff, editdiff - fix offsets and counts of a hand-edited diff SYNOPSIS
rediff ORIGINAL EDITED rediff EDITED rediff {[--help] | [--version]} editdiff FILE editdiff {[--help] | [--version]} DESCRIPTION
You can use rediff to correct a hand-edited unified diff. Take a copy of the diff you want to edit, and edit it without changing any offsets or counts (the lines that begin "@@"). Then run rediff, telling it the name of the original diff file and the name of the one you have edited, and it will output the edited diff file but with corrected offsets and counts. A small script, editdiff, is provided for editing a diff file in-place. The types of changes that are currently handled are: o Modifying the text of any file content line (of course). o Adding new line insertions or deletions. o Adding, changing or removing context lines. Lines at the context horizon are dealt with by adjusting the offset and/or count. o Adding a single hunk (@@-prefixed section). o Removing multiple hunk (@@-prefixed sections). Alternatively, if only one argument is provided, it is taken to be the edited file and the counts and offsets are adjusted as appropriate. Some assumptions are made when used in this mode. See recountdiff(1) for more information. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version number of rediff. SEE ALSO
interdiff(1), recountdiff(1) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Package maintainer patchutils 13 May 2002 REDIFF(1)