Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fill the Key fields : Please help us Post 302180409 by ashish4422 on Monday 31st of March 2008 05:33:34 AM
Old 03-31-2008
Hi Klashxx,

can you explain the logic used in for loop?

awk 'NF!=10{for(i=1;i<=(10-NF);i++)printf("%s,",k[i]);print;next}{for(i=1;i<=3;i++)k[i]=$i}1' FS=',' f1

Thanks
Ashish

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Esc key/Auto-fill

I'm an HPUX/Linux guy, who appreciates occasionally hitting the Esc key for Auto-fill... Does sunOS have anything like this? This is my 1st post, and I didn't want to waste it :D thanks, manuel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

align several fields and fill spaces with zero

hi all, i have a big problem, and i donīt know what to do. i have a flat file with several fields, which are separated by ";" like this: 5656838-7B;97030000-7;*;V16106133 ;1;1; 4612062-0B;97030000-7;*;C14038149 ;1;2; 8044938-0B;97030000-7;*;V16034219 ;1;2; where B is a blank space. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching by key fields

I have a file (key.dat) that contains two columns: AA|1234| BB|567| CC|8910| I have another file (extract.dat) that contains some data: SD|458|John|Smith| AA|3345|Frank|Williams| AA|1234|Bill|Garner| BD|0098|Yu|Lin| BB|567|Gail|Hansen| CC|8910|Ken|Nielsen| I want to compare the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl function to sort a file based on key fields

Hi, I am new to PERL.I want to sort all the lines in a file based on 1,2 and 4th filelds. Can U suggest me a command/function in perl for this operation.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikd214
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Fields from two text files using key columns

Hi All, I have two files to compare. Each has 10 columns with first 4 columns being key index together. The rest of the columns have monetary values. Using Perl, I want to read one file into hash; check for the key value availability in file 2; then compare the values in the rest of 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fill fields with awk from an array?

Hi experts, I have been trying for a while to accomplish the following task using awk, and I just don't seem find find a way. I am not particular about using awk, it just seemed like the logical choice at first. I have a file that contains 5 fields that are delimited by a space character.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GermanicGalore
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join and merge multiple files with duplicate key and fill void columns

Join and merge multiple files with duplicate key and fill void columns Hi guys, I have many files that I want to merge: file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)