Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network interface not found ? Post 302180225 by arm_naja on Sunday 30th of March 2008 11:15:58 AM
Old 03-30-2008
On real soralis I use

# grep -i net /etc/path_to_inst

It will show all network interface that you can "plumb <interface_name>"

But on Vmware I'm not sure it's works or not?

aRm_nAja

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Interface

Hi ! Does anyone know how can i get information about my network interface ... if it works in half or full duplex mode !! Thx in adivance ! Witt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
4 Replies

2. Solaris

No network interface detected

Hi all, I just install solaris10 at home to learn b4 taking the sun courses. Can't get the internet on my IntelPC. I'm using cable thru SMC ezcard 10/100. I ran ifconfig -a and it only shows lo0. No hme0. Pls help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: maag
9 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 Interface not found:NIC

Hi Gurus Im a fresher and im working.I installed solaris 10 on my windows PC(dual boot) but im not able plumb my interface..everytime i use ifconfig command and tried different interfaces like eri0,ce0 etc but its displaying that interface not found.I know that there is some problem with... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network interface goes down intermittently

Hi all, I'm using an HP Proliant server with double NIC and Debian 5 (Lenny) as its OS. I used link bonding on it for several years with no problem. Today, (now only one interface connected to switch) the interface went down. I restarted networking service (/etc/init.d/networking restart) and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
7 Replies

5. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Network interface-

Hello, Please what's the difference between: AND Thank you so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

network interface -

Hello, Please, how can i create a network interface with a routable IP address on linux (ubuntu) ? AND How can i desactivate an interface? Thank you so much for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

9. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
sppptun(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sppptun(1M)

NAME
sppptun - PPP tunneling driver utility SYNOPSIS
sppptun plumb sppptun plumb protocol device sppptun unplumb interface sppptun query DESCRIPTION
The sppptun utility is used to configure and query the Solaris PPP tunneling device driver, /dev/sppptun. Currently, only PPP over Ether- net (PPPoE) is supported, so the plumb and unplumb arguments are used to specify Ethernet interfaces that are to be used for PPPoE, and the query option lists the plumbed interfaces. The use of sppptun to add interfaces is similar to the use of ifconfig(1M) to add interfaces to IP. The plumbing is done once for each interface, preferably at system start-up time, and is not normally manipulated on a running system. If multiple instances of PPP are run over a single interface, they share the plumbing to that interface. Plumbing for each session is not required (and not possible for PPPoE). The proper way to plumb interfaces for PPPoE is to list the interfaces, one per line, in the /etc/ppp/pppoe.if file. USAGE
sppptun plumb When specified with no additional arguments, the plumb argument lists the protocols that are supported by the utility. These are the strings that are used as the protocol argument below. sppptun plumb protocol device This plumbs a new interface into the driver. The protocol parameter is pppoe for the PPP-carrying "Session Stage" connection or pppoed for the PPPoE "Discovery Stage" connection. Both connections must be present for each Ethernet interface that is to be used for PPPoE. The device parameter is the path name of the Ethernet interface to use (use ifconfig(1M) to list available devices). If the path begins with /dev/, then this portion may be omitted. sppptun unplumb interface This removes an existing interface from the driver and terminates any PPP sessions that were using the interface. The interface parame- ter is the name of the interface as reported when the interface was plumbed. sppptun query Displays the canonical names of all interfaces plumbed into the /dev/sppptun device driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Setting up to Use PPPoE on hme0 Plumb the hme0 interface. # sppptun plumb pppoed hme0 hme0:pppoed # sppptun plumb pppoe hme0 hme0:pppoe Remove the hme0 interface. # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoed # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoe Example 2 Script to Remove All Plumbed Interfaces #!/bin/sh for intf in `sppptun query` do sppptun unplumb $intf done EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 One or more errors occurred. FILES
/etc/ppp/pppoe.if list of Ethernet interfaces to be plumbed at boot time /usr/sbin/sppptun executable command /dev/sppptun Solaris PPP tunneling device driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpppdt | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pppd(1M), pppoec(1M), pppoed(1M), sppptun(7M) RFC 2516, Method for Transmitting PPP Over Ethernet (PPPoE), Mamakos et al, February 1999 SunOS 5.11 19 Mar 2001 sppptun(1M)