Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to view explorer output in solaris Post 302179454 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 27th of March 2008 06:14:10 PM
Old 03-27-2008
/opt/SUNWexplo/bin/explorer -> output goes to /opt/SUNWexplo/output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Internet Explorer Solaris

Downloaded and installed, when I try to execute iexplorer it responds with "iexplorer: not found", but it is right there in the directory I am in and I im logged in as root. any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluettr
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

view my TCL script on the Internet explorer

Hello I wrote some small TCL script which writes some HTML commands. when I invoke it through the IE I get a blank screen what should I do to watch my results on MS IE? can you point me to a simple ready made script so I can learn from it? I am working on a solaris system thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orid
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to view the output through this cgi

#!/bin/env perl read(STDIN,$temp,$ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'}); @pairs=split(/&/,$temp); $DISPLAY1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-html/myscript2.html"; $DATAFILE1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-cgi-bin/datafile"; open (DATAFILE1, ">$DATAFILE1") || die " Error opening log file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishchand
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Summary Explorer Output

Hi Guys... I wonder about explorer Output on Solaris, can we get all system information based on explorer to a single summary report. Is there any tools can generate explorer output to some summary report information ? thanks Renggta H Patria (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gryffindor
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Internet Explorer for Solaris and HPUX

Any idea where can I download IE for UNIX platform? Microsoft does not support the downloading anymore? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PostgreSQL view output older than 90 days

I am trying to find the correct syntax to give me row output only older than 90 days. I am using psql NOT mySQL or MSSQL! Here is the sql command i am running SELECT dataset.id, timezone('UTC', dataset.create_time)::date, history.name as History_Name, history.id, hda.name as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mykey242
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to view output of Sar File for memory

Hi I am unable to view the output of sar file using below command sar -f sar07, it is showing below error. Invalid system activity file: sar07 (0x920) above file is in location /var/log/sa wheather for memory it is creating the file at different location? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to view audit logs in Solaris?

Does anyone know if there is software written to view the audit logs generated by Solaris? I am referring the the logs created by auditd. It produces an unreadable log. I am familiar with auditreduce and praudit, but I am looking for something that produces a report, much like logwatch looks at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
4 Replies

9. Hardware

How to view Cisco WS-C2960S-24TD-L OutPut/Configuration?

Recently, I want to see how to get a hold of a report showing the output/ configuration on my Catalyst 2960S 24 GigE, 2 x 10G SFP+ LAN Base switch ( basically, a report stating if all ports are functioning or not). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Cisco WS-C2960S-24TD-L Switch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
1 Replies

10. Solaris

What is name of package for explorer in Solaris-9 ?

Hi, I downloaded Solaris-9 iso and mounted it. I am not able to find any name under /a/Solaris_9/Product when I grep expl Is there any other name for explorer package in Solaris-9 ? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
stl_mi(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 stl_mi(4)

NAME
stl_mi - Software distribution master inventory files DESCRIPTION
Each software product that is distributed as subsets for the setld(8) command has an associated master inventory file. The master inventory file's name consists of the product's unique 3-letter name and a 3-digit version number with the string .mi for a suffix. The master inven- tory file is used by the software kitting program kits(1) in producing software distribution packages. A master inventory file contains one ASCII record, describing vendor-specified attribute information, for each file in the product kit. Each record is composed of three fields which must be separated by TAB characters. The fields are: A 16-bit unsigned integer. Bit 1 is the v (volatility) bit; when it is set, changes to the existing copy of the file can occur during kit installation. It is usually set for log files required by applications. The remaining bits are reserved. Possible values for this field are therefore 0 or 2. The dot-relative (./) pathname of the file described by this record. Each pathname must appear only once in the master inventory file. Pathnames must begin with a period (.). Records must be sorted in ascending ASCII sequence on this field. The name of the subset containing the file. Standard system directories are not included in subsets; they are represented by the keyword RESERVED in place of a subset name. Files that exist in the product hierarchy but are not distributed as part of any subset have a minus sign (-) in this field. Files that share a gnode (links) must all be included in the same subset. EXAMPLES
This example shows a section of the master inventory for a hypothetical layered product kit: 0 . RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100 OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/attr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb.spr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_defaults OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_diag.sed OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/docbld OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/unstamp OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/README.dcb OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/attr.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/dcb.ps OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.5 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/unstamp.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.braces OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.command OATDCB100 . . . RELATED INFORMATION
invcutter(1), kits(1), newinv(1), setld(8) Guide to Preparing Product Kits delim off stl_mi(4)