Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX 5.2 using jfs2 file system Post 302179399 by jerardfjay on Thursday 27th of March 2008 03:36:10 PM
Old 03-27-2008
AIX 5.2 using jfs2 file system

We are using AIX 5.2 using jfs2 almost all excpt one mount.

Is it possible for a non root user id to mount one file system without journaling turned on, perform some activities and then remount (un-mount and mount) the same file system again.

Please advise if this is possible

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting an ISO As a file system in AIX

I want to mount an ISO image as a file system in AIX, have been unable to find a utility to do so after scouring the net. Bryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murdaugh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas

Hi there, Can anyone tell me the advantages that jfs has over Veritas (if any)?? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich
5 Replies

3. Programming

Does anyone have example code for getting File System info on AIX

I'm looking for example C source of how to get file system information on AIX systems. Does anyone have anything? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StuBob
3 Replies

4. AIX

(URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3

Hi Every body, I created Volume Group & FileSystem of type JFS2 with size 1.3 TB on AIX 5.2. I want to import this VG on another system AIX 4.3. It is imported successfully & I can varyon the VG but unfourtantly I couldn't mount the FileSystem. Is it possible to mount a JFS2 FileSystem on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

5. AIX

Cannot grow jfs file system on AIX 5.2

Hello all, I'm trying to grow a file system by 500MB using SMIT on AIX 5.2 but I receive this error: "0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file from a dvd to the local AIX file system

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX, so please bear with me. I have mounted a dvd drive on AIX. I am trying to copy the file that is on the dvd drive on to the local machine. However, I get an error: cp: c1m_0001.gz: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. Can some one point me to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurag1510
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX JFS2 content

Hello! I have a LPAR with 51GB RAM topas shows 21% of memory for client pages (~11Gb) svmon -G show 2906772 client pages in use (~11Gb) but then i try to investigate per process client memory usage svmon -P -O filtertype=client and summarize inuse column, i get only 347880 pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sys
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX file system tuning

how do i determine the percentage of the following befor i install oracle 11g maxperm% maxclient% v_pinshm lgpg_regions lgpg_size (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies

9. AIX

Creating AIX LV VG and JFS2 issues?

Can someone please help me understand what it is I am doing incorrectly? I have 22 PVs (disks) assigned to a VG, the stats on the disks: # lspv hdisk1 PHYSICAL VOLUME: hdisk1 VOLUME GROUP: vg_usr1 PV IDENTIFIER: 0000150179158027 VG IDENTIFIER ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. AIX

Has anyone created JFS2 file system on a USB drive attached to AIX server?

We have an IBM Power 710. It has a USB port on the front. I have done some searching and see that there is information out there on how to create a JFS2 file system on USB drives. A few have commented that they would not recommend it, if the server is important, may crash the server... Just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbenedi
0 Replies
SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)				    systemd-remount-fs.service				     SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-remount-fs.service, systemd-remount-fs - Remount root and kernel file systems SYNOPSIS
systemd-remount-fs.service /lib/systemd/systemd-remount-fs DESCRIPTION
systemd-remount-fs.service is an early boot service that applies mount options listed in fstab(5) to the root file system, the /usr file system, and the kernel API file systems. This is required so that the mount options of these file systems -- which are pre-mounted by the kernel, the initial RAM disk, container environments or system manager code -- are updated to those listed in /etc/fstab. This service ignores normal file systems and only changes the root file system (i.e. /), /usr and the virtual kernel API file systems such as /proc, /sys or /dev. This service executes no operation if /etc/fstab does not exist or lists no entries for the mentioned file systems. For a longer discussion of kernel API file systems see API File Systems[1]. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fstab(5), mount(8) NOTES
1. API File Systems https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/APIFileSystems systemd 237 SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)