Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20 Post 302179384 by stay0ut on Thursday 27th of March 2008 02:23:59 PM
Old 03-27-2008
Found the cd's . . .

. . . at a local computer reclamation warehouse. . . Have ignite installed. . . mounted cdrom, used the SAM to install ignite for 10.20.

New wrinkle. . . cd'd to /opt/ignite/bin and ran "make_recovery -A -d /dev/rmt/0mn." Came up with the response, "sh: make_recovery: not found"

Here are the questions:

Do i actually have ignite installed now?
If I do, do I need to alter paths? or something?
Am I running the correct command for a bootable backup?
How do I actually determine whether or not /dev/rmt/0mn is my tape drive?
Is it even necessary to define my tape drive?

Just a little bit more assistance and I can get this completed!

Thanks.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

make_sys_image + Ignite problem

could any one help me I have a HP UX 11.0 with a lot of VG and disks connected to SAN. I need to create a Golden Image having only the vg00 of this system. How do i do this using make_sys_image? In case any have some docs, I would appreciate if You could share it. Thanks Dhanish (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

vpar ignite

Hi Can I use a vpar as an ignite server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

6. AIX

ignite equivalent in AIX

Hi All, Does AIX has utility like ignite server to make remote os installation using image (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayannair
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Ignite and HP-UX 09.XX

I am looking to make bootable tape backups of four machines running HP-UX 09.02, 09.05 and 09.07. I successfully located Ignite 10.20 and installed it and made a backup on the one machine running HP-UX 10.20. I am having trouble locating information about Ignite for HP-UX 9. Does it exist? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whack_job
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Ignite - make_net_recovery

I've read the Ignite User/Admin Guide but I'm having trouble figuring out if I can do a make_net_recovery if the ignite server and client server are on completely different networks? If this can be done is there any special configuration? If I initiate the command from the server it looks like it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Error with ignite

Works all. Depot shared via nfs dhcp working setting file system,network,root password,etc But when i start "go!" with installation,give me this error. How to fix,debug? Thanks http://s24.postimg.org/5hzbgk551/unixbell3.png (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Ignite

Hi Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
7 Replies
AMFLUSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							AMFLUSH(8)

NAME
amflush - flush Amanda backup files from holding disk to tape SYNOPSIS
amflush [ -f ] [ -D datestamp ]* config [ host [ disk ]* ]* DESCRIPTION
Amflush writes Amanda backups from the holding disks to tape, and updates the Amanda info database and tape list accordingly. Backups may stay in a holding disk when something is wrong with the tape at the time amdump is run. When this happens, the problem must be corrected and amflush run by hand. -D datestamp specify a datestamp expression you want to flush, see the "DATASTAMP EXPRESSION" section of amanda(8) for a description. -D 20001225-7 will flush all dump from 25 december 2000 to 27 december 2000. You can specify many host/disk expressions, only disks that match an expression will be flushed. All disk are flushed if no expression are given. see the "HOST & DISK EXPRESSION" section of amanda(8) for a description. Amflush will look in the holding disks specified by the amanda.conf file in /etc/amanda/config for any non-empty Amanda work directories. It then prompts you to select a directory or to process all of the directories. The work directories in the holding disks are named by the date at the time amdump was run, e.g. 19910215. Amflush normally detaches itself from the tty and runs as a background process. With the -f option, amflush stays in the foreground. This is useful if amflush is run as part of another script that, for example, advances the tape after the flush is completed. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. EXAMPLE
Amflush will search for holding areas associated with the PUCC configuration. After you select which holding area to flush, amflush writes the data to tape, updates the databases and sends a mail report similar to amdump(8). % amflush DailySet1 Scanning /amanda-hold... 20001113: found Amanda directory. 20001114: found Amanda directory. Multiple Amanda directories, please pick one by letter: A. 20001113 B. 20001114 Select directories to flush [A..B]: [ALL] all Flushing dumps in 20001113, 20001114, today: 20001117 to tape drive /dev/rmt/0mn. Expecting tape DMP014 or a new tape. (The last dumps were to tape DMP013) Are you sure you want to do this? yes Running in background, you can log off now. You'll get mail when amflush is finished. AUTHOR
James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu> University of Maryland, College Park SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8) AMFLUSH(8)