Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple line match using sed Post 302179125 by era on Thursday 27th of March 2008 04:02:34 AM
Old 03-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiftinDotCom
I need help in extracting everything between { and }
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiftinDotCom
Thanks era, but I am not seeing expected output using perl command /.../
So it looks like that your script is extracting everything between { and }
You are contradicting yourself. If that's not what you want, then what do you want?

Quote:
Is there any way that this can be cooked in sed?
Probably it could, if you are handy with sed, but I would not go there. (I have, more times than I care to remember, but it's so much easier in Perl.)

As an aside, you don't need to specify leading and trailing .* wildcards; sed will find the requested pattern anywhere on the line anyway (and in fact you are making it a bit harder for it).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Replace Line which contains the Pattern match with a new line

I need to replace the line containing "STAGE_DB" with the line "STAGE_DB $DB # database that contains the table being loaded ($workingDB)" Here $DB is passed during the runtime. How can I do this? Thanks, Kousikan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kousikan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating multiple lines to one line if match pattern

Hi all, I've been working on a script which I have hit a road block now. I have written a script using sed to extract the below data and pumped into another file: Severity............: MAJORWARNING Summary: System temperature is out of normal range. Severity............: MAJORWARNING... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: phixsius
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Match a line with multiple search patterns

Hi I'm not very good with the serach patterns and I'd need a sample how to find a line that has multiple patterns. Say I want to find a line that has "abd", "123" and "QWERTY" and there can be any characters or numbers between the serach patterns, I have a file that has thousands of lines and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: find match and delete the line above

I am searching a dhcpd.conf to find the hardware ethernet match, then once the match is found delete just the line above it. For example: testmachine.example { hardware ethernet 00:00:00:00:00:00; fixed address 192.168.1.100; next-server 192.168.1.101; filename "linux-install/pxelinux.0"; }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - adding blank line after each Range Match

the following range matching works great but i wish to add a blank line after each range result set... which i've tried and researched to no avail MY INPUT DATA: CURRENT CODE I'M USING: sed -n '/*$/,/;/p' $INPUT_FILE RESULTS I'M GETTING: RESULT I looking to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED, match a line block

Hello, I want to do a simple substitution using sed but I can't find a solution. Basically, from a Apache conf file, I would like to remove everything included between the <VirtualHost> and </VirtualHost> e.g SSLMutex file:/var/run/ssl_mutex <VirtualHost _default_:443> # A lot of config that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertFord
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Match a line from a File

Hi, I want to match a line which exists in a file. I have written a test script similar to below - The content of the file file.txt would be like this - /usr/bin/1234.xcf /usr/bin/3456.xcf /usr/bin/7897.xcf /usr/bin/2345.xcf out=`sed -n '\/usr\/bin\/7897.xcf/p' file.txt 2>&1`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns in a file and then print their respective next line

Dear all, I need to search multiple patterns and then I need to print their respective next lines. For an example, in the below table, I will look for 3 different patterns : 1) # ATC_Codes: 2) # Generic_Name: 3) # Drug_Target_1_Gene_Name: #BEGIN_DRUGCARD DB00001 # AHFS_Codes:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to know how to replace a line after a pattern match with an empty line using SED

Hi How Are you? I am doing fine! I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Basically I need to replace the entire line containing "doing" with a blank line: I need to the following output: Hi How Are you? I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern match and print the output in a single line

I need to match two patterns in a log file and need to get the next line of the one of the pattern (out of two patterns) that is matched, finally need to print these three values in a single line. Sample Log: 2013/06/11 14:29:04 <0999> (725102) Processing batch 02_1231324 2013/06/11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)