Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FreeBSD filesystem is full error by Noob Post 302179068 by madMax8911 on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 11:44:57 PM
Old 03-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_bsd
*I* have no time today to write a lot but... others might.
what is your diskspace? post the results of "df -a"
what do you mean by "download the ports list?" the usual best
way to install ports (vs programs/ packages/) is to install
the ports tree, update same, then install ports/packages singly.
what ports were they?
cd /usr/ports/distfiles
ls -lac | less
does that show large files you could remove that you won't use? tho
you might need to download them again.
better to get an overview of each process from *web guides* (
freebsdwiki.net comes to mind) to make steps easier.
I often search groups.google.com with text like...Smilie

"disk space" full freebsd 2007 OR 2008

...to get answers similarly (easier than forums maybe) but google itself
can give additional info and often loads pages quicker.
Hi again,
Total disk space is 80 GB on hard drive
I have added extra disk space as of the third (yes three stop laughing Smilie ) install. So that this problem would not occur if more space is available. But alas that was not the case. I can give more info on all the slice allocation once I exit the last command that u gave me. I seem to be stuck in a command.

Here is the error we have all been waiting for the one that displayed when the downloads stopped......>
Failed to create Dir 'freetype/builds': No such file or directory Can't create 'freetype/builds/detect.mk: No such fileor directory/freetype/builds/Mac/tar. Error exit delayed from previous errors.

***ERROR CODE 1
Stop in?usr/ports/www/amaya. Error code 1

Results of df -a

[B]Filesystem 1 K blocks Used Avail Cap Mounted on
[B]/dev/ad0s3a 964398 131608 755640 15% /
devfs 1 1 0 100% /dev
/dev/ad0s3d 1,934,798[1,934,798]-154782[109%] /usr
/dev/ad0s3e 1,934,798[576,206] 1,203,810 [32%]/usr/local
/dev/ad0s3f 1,934,798[89,596] 1,690,420 [5%] /var

you are right about the ports tree thats it. But my firewall was misconfigured to use strict UDP or something like that and had bad connection. meanwhile, every time I tried to add a program a check mark was added to the sysinstall, for more programs. After the firewall was fixed I try sysinstall it saw all programs I wanted to DL and it ran through the night stopping only for options advice on certain programs. Next morning more DL s then it got stuck in the error shown above.

And the answer to you last question is here 'What ports were they?'
starting with the first batch all typed in by hand mind you Smilie
Total 103064
separated by ^
drwxr-xr-x^5^root wheel^3072 [mar 25 ] 8:09
drwxr-xr-x^69^root wheel^1536 [3-23]20:31..
-rw-r--r--^1^root wheel^190924[3-25]Archive-Zip-1.23.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--^1^root wheel^42783[3-24] Author-SASL-2.10.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--^1^root wheel^238383[3-24]CGI.pm-3.33.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--^1^root wheel^15254[3-25]ClassErrorHandler-0.01.

More Later but I need to know how to exit that command {last one} so I can shutdown -h now.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filesystem Full

I noticed that whenever something is printed from my workstation, the available disk space in the /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 decreases considerably. Hence, after using my workstation for sometime, I encounter an error message: "Filesystem Full" that prevents me from printing any further. Is there a way to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
16 Replies

2. Solaris

The filesystem is still full - Solaris 10!

Good morning, sir! I've a problem with FileSystem, the problem is FileSystem is full First time, I've already read carefully the sticky thread FileSystem full - What to lock for https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/25840-filesystem-full-what-look.html And then, I will post some information of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem full

my root filesystem is eventually full "/dev/rdsk/c1d0s0" as a result i cannot boot to the operating system, i booted into the fail safe mode to check the space using df -h command i discover that it is eventually full. Also to my amazement i found that i cannot see the filesystem which mounted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

/ filesystem getting full

Hi All, How do I increase the root filesystem? It's getting full. / 90% Here's the break down, below 232 dev 5624 tmp *6764 bin 16860 root *19680 sbin *20436 lib64 28329 boot *47992 etc 150012 var *254540 lib 651708 home *2445044 usr (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem is full

Hello everybody, a very basic question. Inspite of me deleting huge files in a filesystem(AIX 5.3) in oracle folder, the filesystem when i check using df -k still shows 100% full. Does that mean there is a process still pointing to the files which i deleted. how do i work around this. Thanks!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

6. AIX

/var filesystem is full

Hi, Is there a way to clear the temp files from /var/tmp? Is root access required to delete the files? Thanks, Narayan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Filesystem Full

In our shop we have to run a batch cycle. Every so often while we are running batch we get a filesystem full situation that causes batch to stop or slow down. Anyway, the practiced procedure is to look for large files and zip them. This takes a lot of time. We are in a sun solaris environment. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

8. AIX

Livedump filesystem almost full

Guy's I'm getting this message Livedump filesystem almost full in errpt logs and its meanning this file system /var/adm/ras/livedump /var has more than 1.5 GB free space .. why I'm getting that message and .. Pls advice to to avoide it ---------- Post updated 03-21-11 at 01:39 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to resolve Filesystem Full?

I have experienced Filesystem full (%iused = 100%) as below. I have tried to remove a lot of garbage but it still become full soon. # df -F ufs -o i Filesystem       iused    ifree  %iused  Mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0  512000     0   100%  / /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3   1887   382113   0%  /cms Other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwordCar
4 Replies