Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn pattern-list with a variable Post 302178894 by alex_5161 on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 02:03:58 PM
Old 03-26-2008
It does not work because shell performes substitution only onetime. (Why - it is another question and I do not know it.)
Than means the variable is substituted to it's value in first review of the comand by the shell and second time the shell does not process the file name substitution which is required to evaluate (maybe, better to say: expand) the @(test|test).
To correct that the 'eval' command works:
Code:
> ls @(test|test1)/test.txt
test1/test.txt  test/test.txt
> cat @(test|test1)/test.txt
another test file in test1 dir <<<
proba
> var=test\|test1
> echo $var
test|test1
> eval cat @($var)/test.txt
another test file in test1 dir <<<
proba

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

does this variable call work--Korn

I am new to the UNIX environment, but not to programming. My intention is to create a 2D array and print it. Since the Korn Shell does not support that kind of variable, the following is my solution right now. I have created a group of variables as follows: table00 table01 table02 table10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: morkfard
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 fild1 ) but this sintax in ksh and sh (HP-UNIX) not work... why?? exist another solution for this type of variable ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern manipulation in korn shell script using sed.

Hi, Could any one let me know, how can I cut the last field in below mentioned line. net,-hopcount,0,-netmask,255.255.255.0,,,,,192.168.37.0,10.253.0.1 net,-hopcount,0,-netmask,255.255.255.0,,,,,192.168.1.0,10.253.0.1 net,-hopcount,0,-netmask,255.255.255.0,,,,,192.168.38.0,10.253.0.1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
3 Replies

5. Programming

How to refer to variable (korn shell)?

Hi I have the following block of code in korn shell and don't now how to refer to variable `print variable1.$dvd` ? --- integer dvd=4 integer number=0 while (( dvd!=0 )) do print "Iteracja numer : $dvd" print "$_" #it refers to $dvd var but want to refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell for pattern matching and extracting

Guys, i'm new to shell scripting. Here's what i need. I need a shell script which would read a file containing only 1 line which never changes. File containts - SQL_Mgd_Svc_ELONMCL54496 |EMEA\brookkev, EMEA\fieldgra, EMEA\tidmamar, EMEA\attfiste, EMEA\baldogar, EMEA\clarkia2, EMEA\conwasha,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell regular pattern

Hello, I can't seem to understand korn shell regular expression. I am trying to extract the tagfrom its own filename string. var="LNX_1.2.0.0.af329a3da.tar" whereby af329a3da is the tagI am trying to extract out from. I am trying to avoid using IFS because future modifications... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: howhan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match exclusive return pattern/variable

I have an application(Minecraft Server) that generates a logfile live. Using Crontab and screen I send a 'list' command every minute. Sample Log view: 2013-06-07 19:14:37 <Willrocksyea1> hello* 2013-06-07 19:14:41 <Gromden29> hey 2013-06-07 19:14:42 Gromden29 lost connection:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gatekeeper258
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to import a variable Used in Another Korn Shell Script?

Hi I am using two shell scripts which are running on the system simultaneously. And in one of the script i am exporting an Integer Variable. Now i want to use the variable in another script. But i cannot run the first script in the second as the first script has many other functions which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all lines before a particular pattern when the pattern is defined in a variable?

I have a file Line 1 a Line 22 Line 33 Line 1 b Line 22 Line 1 c Line 4 Line 5 I want to delete all lines before last occurrence of a line which contains something which is defined in a variable. Say a variable var contains 'Line 1', then I need the following in the output. ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
21 Replies
GO-TESTFLAG(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					    GO-TESTFLAG(7)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code DESCRIPTION
The 'go test' command takes both flags that apply to 'go test' itself and flags that apply to the resulting test binary. The test binary, called pkg.test, where pkg is the name of the directory containing the package sources, has its own flags: -test.v Verbose output: log all tests as they are run. -test.run pattern Run only those tests and examples matching the regular expression. -test.bench pattern Run benchmarks matching the regular expression. By default, no benchmarks run. -test.cpuprofile cpu.out Write a CPU profile to the specified file before exiting. -test.memprofile mem.out Write a memory profile to the specified file when all tests are complete. -test.memprofilerate n Enable more precise (and expensive) memory profiles by setting runtime.MemProfileRate. See 'godoc runtime MemProfileRate'. To pro- file all memory allocations, use -test.memprofilerate=1 and set the environment variable GOGC=off to disable the garbage collector, provided the test can run in the available memory without garbage collection. -test.parallel n Allow parallel execution of test functions that call t.Parallel. The value of this flag is the maximum number of tests to run simultaneously; by default, it is set to the value of GOMAXPROCS. -test.short Tell long-running tests to shorten their run time. It is off by default but set during all.bash so that installing the Go tree can run a sanity check but not spend time running exhaustive tests. -test.timeout t If a test runs longer than t, panic. -test.benchtime n Run enough iterations of each benchmark to take n seconds. The default is 1 second. -test.cpu 1,2,4 Specify a list of GOMAXPROCS values for which the tests or benchmarks should be executed. The default is the current value of GOMAXPROCS. For convenience, each of these -test.X flags of the test binary is also available as the flag -X in 'go test' itself. Flags not listed here are passed through unaltered. For instance, the command go test -x -v -cpuprofile=prof.out -dir=testdata -update will compile the test binary and then run it as pkg.test -test.v -test.cpuprofile=prof.out -dir=testdata -update AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-TESTFLAG(7)