Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script Error with find command Post 302178831 by MKNENI on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 11:38:50 AM
Old 03-26-2008
Data Perl Script Error with find command

Guys,

I need to find all the files ending with either dmp or dmp.Z. This command is giving me error.

@files =`find $path \(-name "*.dmp" -o -name "*.dmp.Z"\) -mtime +30`;

sh: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 1 : `(' is not expected.

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using the perl version of the find command...

hi, i am looking through the perl documentation in the man pages for the first time but I have looked at some other reference giudes before (at a glance) and remember that there is a find command used by perl can any one give me a structured example of that command and how it works and if possible... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use sed or perl command to find and replace a directory in a file

how to use sed command to find and replace a directory i have a file.. which contains lot of paths ... for eg.. file contains.. /usr/kk/rr/12345/1 /usr/kk/rr/12345/2 /usr/kk/rr/12345/3 /usr/kk/rr/12345/4 /usr/kk/rr/12345/5 /usr/kk/rr/12345/6 /usr/kk/rr/12345/7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing shell command from a perl script

Hi Gurus, I've a find command that gets the list of files from a source directory where the extension is not html, xml, jsp, shtml or htaccess. The below find command runs fine from the command prompt or in a shell script. I need to eventually run it in a PERL script and am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Command in the script throw error

Hi I have script that is developed to serch for 30 days old Directory & Files and then remove them ... when i run it successfully removes the Directory & files & but it throw errors on the screen .. .. + find . -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} ; + exit please help me ?? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl-OS command to find out what kind

I need to know a command to find out which version of Perl Im currently running. Thanks Ben (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script:how to find how many parameters are required to run the script

How to find how many parameters are required to run a Perl script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to find last column

Dear all, I am new bee in perl scripting,i have generated one report in which i want to paste some data/text at the end,plz help me format is like this $worksheet1->write( 'A5',,$format2); i want to paste my text after this column A50 in column A51 but this column is variable it may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl find command tweak

i use the following command to find files that were recently updated within the last hour: perl -MFile::Find -le' find { wanted => sub { -f and 3600 / 86400 >= -M and print $File::Find::name; } }, shift' /var/app/mydata/ this command works well. however, it seems to also search directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
jfs_logdump(8)						  JFS utility - journal log dump					    jfs_logdump(8)

NAME
jfs_logdump - dump a JFS formatted device's journal log SYNOPSIS
jfs_logdump [ -a ] device DESCRIPTION
jfs_logdump dumps the contents of the journal log from the specified JFS formatted device into output file ./jfslog.dmp. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device from which the journal log will be dumped (e.g. /dev/hdb1 ). jfs_logdump must be run as root. OPTIONS
-a Dump the entire contents of the journal log instead of just the committed transactions since the last synch point. EXAMPLE
Dump the entire JFS journal log from the 3rd partition of the 2nd hard disk into ./jfslog.dmp: jfs_logdump -a /dev/hdb3 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_logdump, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any jfs_logdump error messages and the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
jfs_fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_logdump is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 29, 2002 jfs_logdump(8)