Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Funny but true....
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Funny but true.... Post 302178655 by naushad on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 05:50:13 AM
Old 03-26-2008
no it didnt work,only file KTI was created.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Funny Quotes-UNIX

If you people find something funny like these go ahead and post it :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo working funny

Hello, this is my first post and question. I have search before for this problem but didn't find anything similar. My case: I have a string inside the variable string1 like this: string1="lala lele lili lolo lulu" When I do echo of it, it appears like this: echo $string1 lala lele lili... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemtar
8 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Funny things from FunnyJunk

Just one i like. Missing Cat! ! ! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny - Had to laugh

Guys, This is funny. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jralph2005/bart.png jaysunn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Old, but still funny

Annoyances.org - Upgrading to Wife 1.0 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Funny *NIX commands

Hello All, Just want to share some funny *NIX commands :). $ make love make: *** No rule to make target `love'. Stop. On a FreeBSD make: $ make love Not war. $ \(- bash: (-: command not found $ man woman No manual entry for woman $ touch /me touch: cannot touch `/me':... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
5 Replies
UUID_TIME(3)							    Libuuid API 						      UUID_TIME(3)

NAME
uuid_time - extract the time at which the UUID was created SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> time_t uuid_time(uuid_t uu, struct timeval *ret_tv) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_time function extracts the time at which the supplied time-based UUID uu was created. Note that the UUID creation time is only encoded within certain types of UUIDs. This function can only reasonably expect to extract the creation time for UUIDs created with the uuid_generate_time(3) and uuid_generate_time_safe(3) functions. It may or may not work with UUIDs created by other mechanisms. RETURN VALUES
The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds since January 1, 1970 GMT (the epoch), is returned (see time(2)). The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds and microseconds since the epoch, is also stored in the location pointed to by ret_tv (see gettimeofday(2)). AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_TIME(3)