Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: trimming zeros
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users trimming zeros Post 302177791 by fpmurphy on Sunday 23rd of March 2008 10:05:10 AM
Old 03-23-2008
Code:
awk '{printf "%d %s %s %-14.4f\n", $1, $2, $3, $4}' file_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trimming a file...

Hi everyone I have this script that appends a line to a file to log the running status of an application. I need to write another script to run as a scheduled job in cron to trim the first x number of lines of this file. Could someone give me an idea how to do this? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming a string

Hi, I am trying to find a script command that will let me trim leading and trailing space from a string. I have coded a SQL Select and sending the output to a file. Later I am parsing the file and reading each field. The problem is that each field uses the same size as the DB2 type it was defined... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming white spaces

I have a variable that calls in a string from txt file. Problem is the string comes with an abundance of white spaces trailing it. Is there any easy way to trim the tailing white spaces off at the end? Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: briskbaby
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trimming the spaces

Hi, How can I remove the unwanted spaces in the line. 123456 789 ABC DEF. - I wanna remove the sapces in this line, I need the output 123456789ABCDEF. Pls help me...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming lines

hi have output as i have trim of lines before CREATE statement and lins after last ")" any idea how to achieve it ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming output

I'm trying to parse an output log and I've managed to reduce the output to the lines I need. But I'm having trouble pulling out only the info I'm interested in. The output is 40+ lines and here is a sample Installing AppFresh 0.8.5.pkg from ./InstallerFiles/CustomPKG/26 (26) Installing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaltekar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming sequences

My file looks like this: But I would like to 'trim' all sequences to the same lenght 32 characters, keeping intact all the identifier (>GHXCZCC01AJ8CJ) Would it be possible to use awk to perform this task? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming a string

Hi I need to trim white spaces from strings in a file. Input file is like this: 1_rrc_CatalogGroups.csv = 607 1_rrc_Sales_TopCatalogGroups.csv = 4 1_rrc_Sales_CatalogEntries_CatalogGroup_Rel.csv = 7 Need to trim space before and after = symbol. This is my script: #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming in between the words

Hi i have a log file P12345_15728710:DEBUG:Begin P12345_15728710:DEBUG:Being P12345_15729310:DEBUG:GetAgen P12345_15726510:DEBUG:end i want to trim this file and i want like this 15728710 15728710 15729310 15726510 i tried sed ..but not working.. sed "s/.*P12345__ \(.*\)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trimming ends

My files look like this I need to remove the sequence GGGAAA and anything before that I also need to remove the sequence AGCCCTA and anything after that So I will end up with something like this The left side is done but I cannot get the right side correctly. I would like to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies
asn1_parser2tree(3)						     libtasn1						       asn1_parser2tree(3)

NAME
asn1_parser2tree - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <libtasn1.h> asn1_retCode asn1_parser2tree(const char * file_name, ASN1_TYPE * definitions, char * errorDescription); ARGUMENTS
const char * file_name specify the path and the name of file that contains ASN.1 declarations. ASN1_TYPE * definitions return the pointer to the structure created from "file_name" ASN.1 declarations. char * errorDescription return the error description or an empty string if success. DESCRIPTION
Function used to start the parse algorithm. Creates the structures needed to manage the definitions included in file_name file. RETURNS
ASN1_SUCCESS if the file has a correct syntax and every identifier is known, ASN1_ELEMENT_NOT_EMPTY if definitions not ASN1_TYPE_EMPTY, ASN1_FILE_NOT_FOUND if an error occured while opening file_name, ASN1_SYNTAX_ERROR if the syntax is not correct, ASN1_IDENTIFIER_NOT_FOUND if in the file there is an identifier that is not defined, ASN1_NAME_TOO_LONG if in the file there is an identifier whith more than ASN1_MAX_NAME_SIZE characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libtasn1 is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libtasn1 programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libtasn1 should give you access to the complete manual. libtasn1 2.13 asn1_parser2tree(3)