Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users crash: vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4: not support a file format? Post 302177730 by kholostoi on Saturday 22nd of March 2008 11:19:25 PM
Old 03-23-2008
crash: vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4: not support a file format?

Hi all,
I try to run command:

$ crash -s System.map-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4

in my Fedora core 4, but it do not work Smilie

"crash: vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4: not support a file format?"

can anyone explain to me how to use crash command in fedora?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:) Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on this.........Let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:confused: Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 zone crash dump file?

Hi, I'm running Solaris 10 with a zone called "testzone" If I do a "reboot -d" on the host, as expected the kernet panics, reboots and creates a crash dump file in /var/crash However no crash file is created in testzone. My question is how can I tell if a zone crashs or shuts down... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastexit
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

[RHEL6]Uncompress vmlinuz to vmlinux

Hi, I cannot uncompress it using standard command: od -A d -t x1 vmlinuz | grep '1f 8b 08 00' dd if=vmlinuz bs=1 skip=24584 | zcat > vmlinux > gzip: stdin: not in gzip format(of course 24584 is output from 1st command + 8) I try to do it with: vmlinuz-2.6.32-131.4.1.el6.x86_64... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

7. Solaris

copy crash dump file

Hi gurus, I will be glad if anyone can help me with this: How do you copy a crash dump file to send to your support provider? Thanks lots guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to format one txt file to required format

Hello Everyone, I have one source file which is genarated by SAP in different format(Which I've never seen). I need to convert that file to required format and I need to read this target file from Datastage to use this in my Jobs. So I do not have any other options except to use Unix script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
4 Replies
CRASH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  CRASH(8)

NAME
crash -- examine and debug system images SYNOPSIS
crash [-M core] [-N kernel] DESCRIPTION
The crash command is used to examine and debug system images. If run without any arguments, crash operates on the running system. The options are as follows: -M core Operate on the specified crash dump instead of the default /dev/mem. Crash dumps should be from the same version of the system and same machine architecture as the running version of crash, and must be uncompressed. -N kernel Extract the name list from the specified kernel instead of the default /dev/ksyms. The command syntax used by crash is the same as the in-kernel debugger. See the ddb(4) manual page for more information. Operations and facilities that require a running system, such as breakpoints, are not supported by crash. crash does not provide pagination. However, by using the pipe symbol, output may be sent to commands available from the shell. For example: crash> ps | more crash> ps | grep ioflush SEE ALSO
ps(1), vmstat(1), ddb(4), pstat(8) HISTORY
The crash command appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
March 7, 2009 BSD