Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help in extracting data with command from file in C Post 302177388 by ramen_noodle on Thursday 20th of March 2008 11:26:32 PM
Old 03-21-2008
Use sprintf or strcat and a counter.

Code:
for (i=0 ; i < filecnt ; i++) {
    sprintf(buf,"%s%d.txt",basefilename,i);
    filearr[i] = fopen(buf,"r");
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting recursive data file

Hi Gurus, Can awk be able to do this source file: 1|SPFE2027G1|1PFE-7000|T34801188|5066-0844| 2|T34801188|5066-0844|T35002355|5066-0845| 3|T35002355|5066-0845|T35203409|QFBR-7798| 1|SPFE2027H1|1PFE-7000|T34801198|5066-0844| 2|T34801198|5066-0844|T35002365|5066-0845| formatted into:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbeugie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Data from xml file

Hi ppl out there... Can anyone help me with the shell script to extract data from an xml file. My xml file looks like : - <servlet> <servlet-name>FrontServlet</servlet-name> <display-name>FrontServlet</display-name> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting Data from a File

Hi I need to calculate the number of occurrences of a item in a number of files using Perl. The item appears continually throughout the files but in each case I only want to calculate it in certain blocks of the file. Example - Calculalte the number of occurrences of a 'pass' in a block of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oop
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data from a .csv file

I have a .csv file equipment,bandtype abc,aws def,mmds ghi,umts jkl,mmds I can get the equipment from `hostname`. In my script i want to check what is the hostname. then see if it exists in the.csv file. if it does then i want to store the second parameter(bandtype) for the corresponding... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Efficient way of extracting data from file

I am having a file, around 500 lines. which contains one letter words, two letters words,...and so on(up to 15 letter words and words are not seprated by line). I need to compare all 1 letter words with 3,4,5 and 6 letters word, all 2 letters words with 2,3,4 and 5 letters words and all 3 letters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhay_ms
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data from file

I am trying to compare the data in lines 3 & 5 to see if they match up to the '-S570' (see first code set, all proprietary information has been removed from code set) spawn telnet Trying ... Connected to CA-LOS1234-ASE-S570.cl . Escape character is '^]'. CA-LOS1234-ASE-S570 Username: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slipshft
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data blocks from file

Hi all, I want to extract blocks of data from a file depending on the contents of that block. The input file(table) has several blocks each starting with 'gene' in the first column. I want to extract only those blocks which do not have the expression '_T02' in the second column. Input file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in extracting data from XML File

Hi All My input file is an XML and it has some tags and data rows at end. Starting of data rows is <rs:data> and ending of data rows is </rs:data>. Within sample data rows (2 rows) shown below, I want to extract data value after equal to sign (until space or "/" sign). So if XML data... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting data using cut/awk command

Hi Everyone, I have a very simple problem and i am stuck in that from last 8 days. I tried many attempts, googled my query but all in vain. I have a text file named "test.txt" In that suppose i have contents like: Java: 1 Object oriented programming language 2 Concepts of Abstraction... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet Anand
5 Replies
econvert(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      econvert(3C)

NAME
econvert, fconvert, gconvert, seconvert, sfconvert, sgconvert, qeconvert, qfconvert, qgconvert - output conversion SYNOPSIS
#include <floatingpoint.h> char *econvert(double value, int ndigit, int *decpt, int *sign, char *buf); char *fconvert(double value, int ndigit, int *decpt, int *sign, char *buf); char *gconvert(double value, int ndigit, int trailing, char *buf); char *seconvert(single *value, int ndigit, int *decpt, int *sign, char *buf); char *sfconvert(single *value, int ndigit, int *decpt, int *sign, char *buf); char *sgconvert(single *value, int ndigit, int trailing, char *buf); char *qeconvert(quadruple *value, int ndigit, int *decpt, int *sign, char *buf); char *qfconvert(quadruple *value, int ndigit, int *decpt, int *sign, char *buf); char *qgconvert(quadruple *value, int ndigit, int trailing, char *buf); DESCRIPTION
The econvert() function converts the value to a null-terminated string of ndigit ASCII digits in buf and returns a pointer to buf. buf should contain at least ndigit+1 characters. The position of the decimal point relative to the beginning of the string is stored indirectly through decpt. Thus buf == "314" and *decpt == 1 corresponds to the numerical value 3.14, while buf == "314" and *decpt == -1 corresponds to the numerical value .0314. If the sign of the result is negative, the word pointed to by sign is nonzero; otherwise it is zero. The least significant digit is rounded. The fconvert() function works much like econvert(), except that the correct digit has been rounded as if for sprintf(%w.nf) output with n=ndigit digits to the right of the decimal point. ndigit can be negative to indicate rounding to the left of the decimal point. The return value is a pointer to buf. buf should contain at least 310+max(0,ndigit) characters to accomodate any double-precision value. The gconvert() function converts the value to a null-terminated ASCII string in buf and returns a pointer to buf. It produces ndigit sig- nificant digits in fixed-decimal format, like sprintf(%w.nf), if possible, and otherwise in floating-decimal format, like sprintf(%w.ne); in either case buf is ready for printing, with sign and exponent. The result corresponds to that obtained by (void) sprintf(buf,``%w.ng'',value) ; If trailing = 0, trailing zeros and a trailing point are suppressed, as in sprintf(%g). If trailing != 0, trailing zeros and a trailing point are retained, as in sprintf(%#g). The seconvert(), sfconvert(), and sgconvert() functions are single-precision versions of these functions, and are more efficient than the corresponding double-precision versions. A pointer rather than the value itself is passed to avoid C's usual conversion of single-precision arguments to double. The qeconvert(), qfconvert(), and qgconvert() functions are quadruple-precision versions of these functions. The qfconvert() function can overflow the decimal_record field ds if value is too large. In that case, buf[0] is set to zero. The ecvt(), fcvt() and gcvt() functions are versions of econvert(), fconvert(), and gconvert(), respectively, that are documented on the ecvt(3C) manual page. They constitute the default implementation of these functions and conform to the X/Open CAE Specification, System Interfaces and Headers, Issue 4, Version 2. USAGE
IEEE Infinities and NaNs are treated similarly by these functions. ``NaN'' is returned for NaN, and ``Inf'' or ``Infinity'' for Infinity. The longer form is produced when ndigit >= 8. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ecvt(3C),sprintf(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 3 May 1999 econvert(3C)