Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unix software & documentation. Post 302177341 by sunfan on Thursday 20th of March 2008 08:19:45 PM
Old 03-20-2008
Hi,

You can download Solaris from the Sun site. You will need to burn ISO images to CD or DVD depending on what you download. Then, to install it, you should be able to find all the documentation you need from the Sun documentation site at: docs.sun.com

HTH

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix Online Documentation

help would be appreciated, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KSH UNIX documentation

Hello, I am looking for a general KSH UNIX documentation on the web. Would you have an URL ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Filippo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Security in Unix - Documentation

Hello, I'm trying to find a Unix documentation about security! I mean I nead something very complex and complete, not just a document about kerberos, a document about securing against atack ... or others like those. I woulde like if exists, a documentation based on levels of security and expanding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: octav
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeking UNIX documentation

Hi, I am looking for documentation (PDF, DOC, books, web ...) about UNIX scripts. What could you advice me ? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filippo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Unix installation documentation

I need to install unix (sun solaries) on my machine. Could you please send me the documentation regarding unix (sun solaries) installation. Regards, Rajesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

6. Programming

good continuous integration and automatic documentation software for c++

Started using trac and svn and it is working nicely, but am looking for some other things to add: continuous integration, automatic documentation. What suggestions do you guys have for the most full featured easy to use software for this? Stuff I am looking for: continuous integration... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eruditass
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Need HP unix documentation for beginner

Hello All, I am working in HP unix since 5 years on application and support. But in order to get opportunity out side i need to learn admintration Can somebody help me to guide hot start for this. Do we have any doc(pdf) to start with. Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

8. AIX

Software For Server Environment Documentation

Hello guys! Can you suggest some software for doucmenting Servers? thanks in advance edit by bakunin: typo in thread title corrected. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
14 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-13 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)