Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help in extracting data with command from file in C Post 302177339 by shamrock on Thursday 20th of March 2008 07:56:59 PM
Old 03-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjiefreak
Hi,

I am executing just by ./binary.exe testfile.txt

where testfile.txt is the filename (contain the number of bits) in the binary.c (2nd argument) passed through argv.
If you are passing a single argument to ./binary.exe then strcpy should have argv[1] as the 2nd argument instead of argv[2].

Code:
strcpy(filename, argv[1]);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting recursive data file

Hi Gurus, Can awk be able to do this source file: 1|SPFE2027G1|1PFE-7000|T34801188|5066-0844| 2|T34801188|5066-0844|T35002355|5066-0845| 3|T35002355|5066-0845|T35203409|QFBR-7798| 1|SPFE2027H1|1PFE-7000|T34801198|5066-0844| 2|T34801198|5066-0844|T35002365|5066-0845| formatted into:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbeugie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Data from xml file

Hi ppl out there... Can anyone help me with the shell script to extract data from an xml file. My xml file looks like : - <servlet> <servlet-name>FrontServlet</servlet-name> <display-name>FrontServlet</display-name> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting Data from a File

Hi I need to calculate the number of occurrences of a item in a number of files using Perl. The item appears continually throughout the files but in each case I only want to calculate it in certain blocks of the file. Example - Calculalte the number of occurrences of a 'pass' in a block of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oop
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data from a .csv file

I have a .csv file equipment,bandtype abc,aws def,mmds ghi,umts jkl,mmds I can get the equipment from `hostname`. In my script i want to check what is the hostname. then see if it exists in the.csv file. if it does then i want to store the second parameter(bandtype) for the corresponding... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Efficient way of extracting data from file

I am having a file, around 500 lines. which contains one letter words, two letters words,...and so on(up to 15 letter words and words are not seprated by line). I need to compare all 1 letter words with 3,4,5 and 6 letters word, all 2 letters words with 2,3,4 and 5 letters words and all 3 letters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhay_ms
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data from file

I am trying to compare the data in lines 3 & 5 to see if they match up to the '-S570' (see first code set, all proprietary information has been removed from code set) spawn telnet Trying ... Connected to CA-LOS1234-ASE-S570.cl . Escape character is '^]'. CA-LOS1234-ASE-S570 Username: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slipshft
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data blocks from file

Hi all, I want to extract blocks of data from a file depending on the contents of that block. The input file(table) has several blocks each starting with 'gene' in the first column. I want to extract only those blocks which do not have the expression '_T02' in the second column. Input file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in extracting data from XML File

Hi All My input file is an XML and it has some tags and data rows at end. Starting of data rows is <rs:data> and ending of data rows is </rs:data>. Within sample data rows (2 rows) shown below, I want to extract data value after equal to sign (until space or "/" sign). So if XML data... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting data using cut/awk command

Hi Everyone, I have a very simple problem and i am stuck in that from last 8 days. I tried many attempts, googled my query but all in vain. I have a text file named "test.txt" In that suppose i have contents like: Java: 1 Object oriented programming language 2 Concepts of Abstraction... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet Anand
5 Replies
yencode(n)					       Text encoding & decoding binary data						yencode(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
yencode - Y-encode/decode binary data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require yencode ?1.1.2? ::yencode::encode string ::yencode::decode string ::yencode::yencode ?-name string? ?-line integer? ?-crc32 boolean? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::yencode::ydecode (-file filename | ?--? string) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the yEnc file encoding. This is a recently introduced method of encoding binary files for transmission through Usenet. This encoding packs binary data into a format that requires an 8-bit clean transmission layer but that escapes characters special to the NNTP posting protocols. See http://www.yenc.org/ for details concerning the algorithm. ::yencode::encode string returns the yEnc encoded data. ::yencode::decode string Decodes the given yEnc encoded data. ::yencode::yencode ?-name string? ?-line integer? ?-crc32 boolean? (-file filename | ?--? string) Encode a file or block of data. ::yencode::ydecode (-file filename | ?--? string) Decode a file or block of data. A file may contain more than one embedded file so the result is a list where each element is a three element list of filename, file size and data. OPTIONS
-filename name Cause the yencode or ydecode commands to read their data from the named file rather that taking a string parameter. -name string The encoded data header line contains the suggested file name to be used when unpacking the data. Use this option to change this from the default of "data.dat". -line integer The yencoded data header line contains records the line length used during the encoding. Use this option to select a line length other that the default of 128. Note that NNTP imposes a 1000 character line length limit and some gateways may have trouble with more than 255 characters per line. -crc32 boolean The yEnc specification recommends the inclusion of a cyclic redundancy check value in the footer. Use this option to change the default from true to false. % set d [yencode::yencode -file testfile.txt] =ybegin line=128 size=584 name=testfile.txt -o- data not shown -o- =yend size=584 crc32=ded29f4f REFERENCES
[1] http://www.yenc.org/yenc-draft.1.3.txt BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base64 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
encoding, yEnc, ydecode, yencode CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts base64 1.1.2 yencode(n)