Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Message passing to kerenel
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Message passing to kerenel Post 302176829 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 19th of March 2008 08:52:44 AM
Old 03-19-2008
The firs probelm I see is that you seem to have created a kernel module that calls the STDC user-space module: printf I am guessing you are on Linux. This probably will not work. Some implementations of the printf family call malloc, for example.

read up on kprintf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a value

I am trying to write a program that calls two differant scripts. One sets a variable's value and the other one needs to be able to access that value. Can I pass the variable back to the program from the first script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coughlin74
3 Replies

2. Programming

how to passing message along pipes??

Dear All, Would you tell me how I can passing a message along pipes? I have built a token ring connected with pipes, but I don't know how to pass the message along it through the command line... Thx. Yours, i- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iminus
1 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

What are the benchmark programs for Message passing?

Is there any benchmark programs for Message Passing like SPLASH-2 for Shared Memory. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkreddy
0 Replies

4. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Message passing toolkit

Hello, Has somebody download it before oracle deleted from support section? I tried dl it from: oracle.com/us/products/tools/message-passing-toolkit-070499.html Oracle Message Passing Toolkit but: section decommissioned. Same in support and edelivery I phoned to oracle support and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: time0ut
2 Replies

6. Programming

[XQuery] How to Convert from JSON Message to XML Message with XQuery

Hi guys, I'm in a job of converting a restful webservice to soap. Tool for convertation uses XQuery. Now i need to convert a message like this: { "firstName": "John", "midName": null, "lastName": "Smith", "married": false, "address": { "streetAddress": "21 2nd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing error message back to script

I have one script that calls another script during execution. The other script does some processing, then either returns with exit 0 (if successful), or exits with error code numbers (if failed). However, in addition to the error code, I would like for that second script to be able to pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Message passing from child to parent using pipes

Hi, I am trying my hand in networking programming in C, and got stuck in piping. I was following some tutorial and did the forking like : while (1) { newsockfd = accept(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *) &cli_addr, &clilen); if (newsockfd < 0) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies
CREATE_MODULE(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  CREATE_MODULE(2)

NAME
create_module - create a loadable module entry SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/module.h> caddr_t create_module(const char *name, size_t size); Note: No declaration of this system call is provided in glibc headers; see NOTES. DESCRIPTION
Note: This system call is present only in kernels before Linux 2.6. create_module() attempts to create a loadable module entry and reserve the kernel memory that will be needed to hold the module. This sys- tem call requires privilege. RETURN VALUE
On success, returns the kernel address at which the module will reside. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EEXIST A module by that name already exists. EFAULT name is outside the program's accessible address space. EINVAL The requested size is too small even for the module header information. ENOMEM The kernel could not allocate a contiguous block of memory large enough for the module. ENOSYS create_module() is not supported in this version of the kernel (e.g., the kernel is version 2.6 or later). EPERM The caller was not privileged (did not have the CAP_SYS_MODULE capability). VERSIONS
This system call is present on Linux only up until kernel 2.4; it was removed in Linux 2.6. CONFORMING TO
create_module() is Linux-specific. NOTES
This obsolete system call is not supported by glibc. No declaration is provided in glibc headers, but, through a quirk of history, glibc versions before 2.23 did export an ABI for this system call. Therefore, in order to employ this system call, it was sufficient to manually declare the interface in your code; alternatively, you could invoke the system call using syscall(2). SEE ALSO
delete_module(2), init_module(2), query_module(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 CREATE_MODULE(2)