Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need a help reg -d in shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need a help reg -d in shell Post 302176785 by vanathi on Wednesday 19th of March 2008 07:41:58 AM
Old 03-19-2008
need a help reg -d in shell

hi,

I am using this to get previous month

`date -d"1 month ago" "+%m"`

But will it work for january?..will it return 12?

Please advice.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Using a Shell Variable in the Reg Expression

Hi all, I have a shell variable $test1 that holds a value derived from some other processing. What I need to do is use that $test1 as the input to a awk regular expression: nawk -F"," -v tester=$test1 ' /tester/{ print $0 } ' $inputFile So what I have is tester... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: Shell script ran using informatica

Hi all, I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question...:) I am working in Informatica PowerCenter 8.1.1 tool and my server is on UNIX. I have got a shell script to copy files from one folder to another. When I run the script directly from UNIX prompt it is taking 60... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: Gzip

Hi , I want gzip a folder te55 which has got 3 files test1.test2,test3 the name of the gzipped folder should be te55.gz with the 3 files as test1,test2,test3 itself... Is it possible... thanks in advance sam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage...sed/awk/reg-exp ..in shell scripting

in shell scripting there is extensive usage of i> regular expression ii>sed iii>awk can anyone tell me the suitable contexts ...i mean which one is suitable for what kind of operation. like the reg-exp and sed seems to be doing the same job..i.e pattern matching (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg sftp in shell script

Hi, I want to retrieve files from an sftp site and place it a directory in unix server. When I try to connect, it is asking password even if i hardcode it in the script.I want to automate the script. Could anyone tell me how to avoid password prompt. #!/bin/sh # sample automatic ftp script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhya_vec
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reg: MAILX

Hi all, I am trying to send a mail by using MAILX option to my YAHOO-Id. It is giving the following error. Can any one help me to find what is the problem? Do i need to get any kind of settings in my UNIX box for using MAILX? The bounce mail is as below: Message 1: From MAILER-DAEMON Tue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Reg. VXVM

Hi Guys, I have a doubt either to Reboot the server after Replacing the disk0. I have two disks under vxvm root mirrored and i had a problem with primary disk so i replace the disk0 failed primary disk and then mirrored. After mirroring is it reboot required ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: SHELL scripting

Hi All, I am Lucky, newly joined the group. I am very new to unix, can any one provide me good PDF's on shell scirpting to learn quickly. Thanks in Advance, Lucky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_lucky
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expressions

Hi, I would like to grep for a string within a tag, can someone provide some assistance in how to do it? So I would like to use the grep command to find a string like: <tag>sometext<tag> because the sometext can be any number of characters or an type of number or lettering, what expression... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: Certification on Shell Scripting

Hi all, Please let me know whether any certifications are there for Shell Scripting. (Not Brainbench). If any one know pls post the details. Thanks in advnce.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
1 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-jy] [[month] year] cal [-j] -m month [year] ncal [-jJpwy] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-Jeo] [year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. -o Display date of orthodox easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as specified by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calendar for the month of August in the current year). A year starts on Jan 1. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian--Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. BSD
November 23, 2004 BSD