Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Compiling 32 bit app on 64 bit kernal Post 302176630 by pupp on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 08:00:46 PM
Old 03-18-2008
are you pointing to 32 bit library files in your library path?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Gentoo

compiling 32 bit application on 64 bit linux(x86_64)

hi all, i have a 64 bit linux machine. $uname -a Linux SVRDELLD30 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 15 10:35:26 BST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux here by default gcc creates 64 bit executable. but for some reason i want to create 32bit executable. first i want to create 32 bit object... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error compiling 32-bit Qt-4.7 on 64-bit Ubuntu OS

Hi, I am compiling Qt-4.7 for 32-bit on 64-bit (x86_64) Ubuntu 8.04 desktop. I have installed all the 32-bit libraries (/lib32 and /usr/lib32) through getlibs and "apt-get install ia32-libs". But I am getting the following error while configuring the qt project as: ./configure -platform... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

4. AIX

32 bit app on aix 6.1

We have our in house developed software running on AIX 6.1 (6100-06-06-1140). The application is a 32 bit application and the operating system is 64 bit. We are running this application without any issue on AIX 5.3 32-bit on P5. We are facing issue with this application after moving on P7 with aix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
hba.conf(4)															       hba.conf(4)

NAME
hba.conf - configuration file for the HBAAPI library The /etc/hba.conf file is used to specify the Vendor-Specific Libraries that are installed on the system. This file is used by the Common Library to load the individual VSLs when HBA_LoadLibrary(3HBAAPI) is called. If changes are made to the file while the library is in use, the library should be freed and reloaded. A version 1 VSL is compatible only with a version 1 Common Library. A version 2 VSL is compatible with both a version 1 and a version 2 Common Library. Each VSL entry is a single line of the form: "name" "library path" where: name is the description of library. The library name should be prepended with the domain of the manufacturer of the library. library path is the absolute path to the shared object library file. Example 1: Contents of /etc/hba.conf # # This file contains names and references to HBA libraries # # Format: # # <library name> <library pathname> # # The library name should be prepended with the domain of # the manufacturer or driver author. com.sun.fchba32 /usr/lib/libsun_fc.so.1 com.sun.fchba64 /usr/lib/sparcv9/libsun_fc.so.1 See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ HBA_LoadLibrary(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) The HBAAPI is provided in both 32- and 64-bit versions, but only one configuration file is specified. As a result, both 32- and 64-bit VSL libraries must be specified within the same file. When using the 32-bit Common Library, the 64-bit VSLs will fail to load. When using the 64-bit Common Library, the 32-bit VSLs will fail to load. These failures are silently ignored by the Common Library during normal usage, but can result in warning messages when running client applications in a debugger. 4 Sep 2003 hba.conf(4)