Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Redirect Output Multi-Process Post 302176199 by odys on Monday 17th of March 2008 05:55:21 PM
Old 03-17-2008
Right, fflush().

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect std err and out to log file for multi-commands?

The following command does not work under cygwin bash. ant debug >log 2>&1 && ant image >>log 2>>&1 & pid=$! It gives the error "-bash: sysntax error near unexpected token '&'". Is there a way I can redirect std output and std error to file "log" for both the commands "ant debug" and "ant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. Programming

message queues and multi-process

Hi, Am supposed to use message queues to send and receive messages between the processes. when i was working on that i realised that the message qid and the message queue related data should be maintained in a shared memory so that it can be accessed by all the processes. Could anybody refer... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect bg process output to within the script

Hi, I have a process running in the background, which throws up some output to the terminal when I run my script. How can I read this output from my script? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theju
5 Replies

4. Programming

Redirect Standard Output Multi-Process

Hi, I'm trying to compile the following code: /************** Begin <test.c> ***************/ /* * Compiled with: gcc -Wall -o test test.c */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> int main(void) { printf("I'm process %d, son of %d \n", getpid(), getppid()); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djodjo
5 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

What is it about OpenMosix that supports multi-process applications?

I read that 'Any single program that can run as multiple processes can benefit from OpenMosix: "The GIMP" photo editor and the "kandel" fractal generator are known to do this. Are there other load-balancing clusters that do support multi-process applications? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

8. Programming

Multi process programming in C

So I am trying to learn C and am coding some scripts on my own. For a start I have decided to port the shell script developed by wisecracker into C.( Here is the link to that script A simple reminder script for beginners to shell scripting. | Unix Linux Forums | OS X (Apple) ) This is what I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Soft kill a process to redirect the last kbytes output to a file

Hey guys, I have a python script that I call with this line: python mypythonscript.py >> results.csv &The problem is that the redirection from the stdout to the file results.csv only writes 4096 kbyte blocks. So if i kill this process with kill the last kbytes that the script produce will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mastaer
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use the get and post method in the bash ( multi process)?

hi I want to call a lot of links with the post method What to do to speed it up?? ####This method is slow #!/bin/bash func2() { index1=0 while read line ; do index1=$(($index1+1)) url=$line done < tmp/url1.txt } (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
10 Replies
FFLUSH(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FFLUSH(3)

NAME
fflush - flush a stream SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int fflush(FILE *stream); DESCRIPTION
The function fflush forces a write of all user-space buffered data for the given output or update stream via the stream's underlying write function. The open status of the stream is unaffected. If the stream argument is NULL, fflush flushes all open output streams. For a non-locking counterpart, see unlocked_stdio(3). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion 0 is returned. Otherwise, EOF is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EBADF Stream is not an open stream, or is not open for writing. The function fflush may also fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the routine write(2). NOTES
Note that fflush() only flushes the user space buffers provided by the C library. To ensure that the data is physically stored on disk the kernel buffers must be flushed too, e.g. with sync(2) or fsync(2). CONFORMING TO
The function fflush() conforms to ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C''). SEE ALSO
fsync(2), sync(2), write(2), fclose(3), fopen(3), setbuf(3), unlocked_stdio(3) BSD MANPAGE
1993-11-29 FFLUSH(3)