Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO mirroring in lan between 2 pc Post 302175875 by jgt on Sunday 16th of March 2008 01:31:03 PM
Old 03-16-2008
Thanks for the PM, but it would be better if you respond in the thread so that others may also benefit.
So you have two SCO 5.0.5 machines that you want to have mirror each other.
If you are looking for a magic bullet, forget it.
SCO have solutions based on 5.0.7 and Unixware, that will provide this kind of product if you need minute by minute redundancy.
If you can live with once per hour or per day mirroring then use either NFS or FTP to copy the changed files from the primary system to the backup system.
An alternative is to add transaction logging to your application on the primary system, and have a background process on the secondary machine post those transactions to the data files on that machine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk mirroring

Good Morning :) I have a new challenge to solve, I am going to write a new backup disk mirroring script. The current one, whcih is useing 'dd' caused some stalled systems :( Currently I am in the phase of experimenting with different methods, I was thinking about dump/restore afio/cpio or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Mirroring

I am running Solaris 10 and i need to mirror a 73 gig HD. How do you mirror one in Solaris? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewsdwarfs
2 Replies

3. SCO

Mirroring

How Can I Do Mirroring In Unix? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIMITRIOSDOUMOS
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to configure private LAN and coporate LAN on the same machine-Solaris10

Hi , I am trying to configure a private LAN and corporate LAN on the same machien on Solaris 10. How can I achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deedee
1 Replies

5. Solaris

problem with mirroring

Hello, i'm pretty new in using solaris (5.10) and i'm kind of stuck with one problem. I'm trying to create a disk mirror cause of data redundancy. I've installed second disk in my system, prepared everything for creating a mirror (by following the instructions) and don't get any responce for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: n00b
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LFTP Mirroring

LFTP Mirroring We are planning to use lftp to mirror some of the files and directories on to the remote server. What we exactly want to do is mirror some of the directories and exclude some of the the directories from "/" i.e. main root. . What lftp is doing is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerarora
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Mirroring

Hi All i wish to mirror the root disk, but i face the below error. root@saturn # metainit d11 1 1 c0t0d0s0 metainit: saturn: c0t0d0s0: is mounted on / kindly assist... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
27 Replies

8. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Different hostnames with reboot while lan cable, no lan cable

I am facing strange problem regarding hostname on my Linux(2.6.18-164.el5xen x86_64 GNU/Linux), the hostname changes if reboot with lan cable and with NO lan cable Reboot with lan cable: The hostname is ubunut Unable to connect Oracle database using sqlplus some times database is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Help with HDD Mirroring

Hi All Please can I have some help/advice. I am fairly new to unix so any help will be useful. I need to perform HDD Mirroring on a Sun Fire V245 Server running Solaris 10 OS. The system is already up and running and has the partitions and slices already. Is it possible to perform the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pluto.flame
6 Replies
RWHO(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   RWHO(1)

NAME
rwho -- who is logged in on local machines SYNOPSIS
rwho [-a] DESCRIPTION
The rwho command produces output similar to who, but for all machines on the local network. If no report has been received from a machine for 11 minutes then rwho assumes the machine is down, and does not report users last known to be logged into that machine. If a users hasn't typed to the system for a minute or more, then rwho reports this idle time. If a user hasn't typed to the system for an hour or more, then the user will be omitted from the output of rwho unless the -a flag is given. FILES
/var/spool/rwho/whod.* information about other machines SEE ALSO
finger(1), rup(1), ruptime(1), rusers(1), who(1), rwhod(8) HISTORY
The rwho command appeared in 4.3BSD. BUGS
This is unwieldy when the number of machines on the local net is large. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)