Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to selectively tar directory based on date Post 302175612 by joeyg on Friday 14th of March 2008 04:10:07 PM
Old 03-14-2008
Question Suggest you look into find

Code:
find . -mtime +1 -exec ls -l {}\;

that would list out the files older than one day
Therefore, you want to work that (or similar) into your process

Since you have the $file, maybe replace the . above with the $file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for Creating Directory with name as system date

Dear Sir/Madam, I need a bit of your help. The problem is as follows : I have to create a directory in unix whose name is that of system date in the dd_mon_yyyy format . I am able to extract a date in required format ina variable , but when i'm using this variable in mkdir it is not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cp -r command to selectively omit *.dat files while copying a directory.

Hi all, I want to copy a directory named Ec1 to another directory named Ec2, newly created. But Ec1 has a bunch of *.dat files and many many other kinds of files. Whle creating Ec2, I selectively want to omit the *.dat files since they are huge files of the order of 100 MBs and there are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_sai_kumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to select multiple files from archive directory based on the date range

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameters: $date1 & $date2 based on the range i need to select the archived files from the archived directory and moved them in to working directory. can u please help me in writing the code to select the multiple files based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script?

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script? I have four files to be FTP'ed from remote server. They are of the following format. build1_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build2_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build3_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt buifile_count_mmddyyyy.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from one directory to another based on 2 date variables

Hi All, I am currently coding for a requirement(LINUX OS) where I am supposed to move a file (Lets Call it Employee.txt) from Directory A to Directory B based on 2 date fields as below, Date_Current = 20120620 Date_Previous = 20120610 Source Directory : /iis_data/source Target... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to get the latest file based on date

hi i need the shell script to get the file with latest date. for example in my input folder i have files like file_20130212.txt file_20130211.txt now my output folder should have the file with latest date i.e..file_20120212.txt i want to get the latest file .. i.e is should take... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a directory based on date

I want to create a directory based on date. I do not have date -d command. What I do have is: either use "date" command to get current date or DATE1=$(perl -e 'print scalar(localtime(time - 1 )), "\n";' |awk '{print $2,$3,$5}') |awk '{print $3}'can be modified to produce the desired year.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar with variable date in separate shell

Hi, I am trying to Zip a folder inside a shell script like below. It successfully taring but it only returns Null inside the variables. Searched a lot but no clue to finding the root cause. testno=1; date=20171128; DIR=/root/ sh -c 'cd $DIR; tar cvf "AWS.${testno.${date}.tar" "./AWS"' ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradyumnajpn10
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run shell script based on date file

Hi Team, I have a to run a script based on a date present in a different file which updates everyday. Kindly help with the solution. My current execution : ksh scriptname.sh 10152019. But here i want to enter this date from a file which gets updated daily. My appraoch : date file location:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Searching for a files based on current date directory

Hi All, I've been trying to do some recursive searching but not been very successful. Can someone please help. Scenario: I have directory structure /dir1/dir2/dir3/ 2019/ 11/ 17 18 19 20 so what I want to do is run a script and as its 2019/11/18/ today it would go and only search... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: israr75
3 Replies
MKNMZ(1)							  Namazu Project							  MKNMZ(1)

NAME
mknmz - an indexer of Namazu SYNOPSIS
mknmz [options] <target>... DESCRIPTION
mknmz 2.0.9, an indexer of Namazu. Target files: -a, --all target all files. -t, --media-type=MTYPE set the media type for all target files to MTYPE. -h, --mailnews same as --media-type='message/rfc822' --mhonarc same as --media-type='text/html; x-type=mhonarc' -F, --target-list=FILE load FILE which contains a list of target files. --allow=PATTERN set PATTERN for file names which should be allowed. --deny=PATTERN set PATTERN for file names which should be denied. --exclude=PATTERN set PATTERN for pathnames which should be excluded. -e, --robots exclude HTML files containing <meta name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX"> -M, --meta handle HTML meta tags for field-specified search. -r, --replace=CODE set CODE for replacing URI. --html-split split an HTML file with <a name="..."> anchors. --mtime=NUM limit by mtime just like find(1)'s -mtime option. e.g., -50 for recent 50 days, +50 for older than 50. Morphological Analysis: -c, --use-chasen use ChaSen for analyzing Japanese. -k, --use-kakasi use KAKASI for analyzing Japanese. -m, --use-chasen-noun use ChaSen for extracting only nouns. -L, --indexing-lang=LANG index with language specific processing. Text Operations: -E, --no-edge-symbol remove symbols on edge of word. -G, --no-okurigana remove Okurigana in word. -H, --no-hiragana ignore words consist of Hiragana only. -K, --no-symbol remove symbols. Summarization: -U, --no-encode-uri do not encode URI. -x, --no-heading-summary do not make summary with HTML's headings. Index Construction: --update=INDEX set INDEX for updating. -Y, --no-delete do not detect removed documents. -Z, --no-update do not detect update and deleted documents. Miscellaneous: -s, --checkpoint turn on the checkpoint mechanism. -C, --show-config show the current configuration. -f, --config=FILE use FILE as a config file. -I, --include=FILE include your customization FILE. -O, --output-dir=DIR set DIR to output the index. -T, --template-dir=DIR set DIR having NMZ.{head,foot,body}.*. -q, --quiet suppress status messages during execution. -v, --version show the version of namazu and exit. -V, --verbose be verbose. --debug be debug mode. --help show this help and exit. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-namazu@namazu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-1999 Satoru Takabayashi All rights reserved. Copyright (C) 2000,2001 Namazu Project All rights reserved. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. mknmz of Namazu 2.0.9 November 2001 MKNMZ(1)