Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed question Post 302175528 by bakunin on Friday 14th of March 2008 09:31:40 AM
Old 03-14-2008
The solution is as short as this:

Code:
sed -n 's/SUDBNAME =//p'

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Question

Hi, Is there any way to traverse the file once and look for the following conditions in one sweep instead of going over the file 3 times with different search criteria...... sed -n '/^ORA-07445/ p' /tmp/t$$ > ${OERRFILE} sed -n '/^ORA-00600/ p' /tmp/t$$ >> ${OERRFILE} ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: YS2002
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question (again)

hello there, I have a sed question. I have a file (temp.srv), in it it has v1_host1 v2_host2 And I have another file (temp2.srv), in it is has v1_host3_date v1_host1 v2_host2 v2_host4_date v3_host5_date I had used a script to remove the name from temp2.srv base on the name inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahtat99
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

Hi, When deleting lines using sed, as i understand the lines are redirected to the standard output. What i'm unclear about is how to actually modify the file? If I write the command sed '1,2d' test it will display lines one and 2 onto the screen however the file is not modified? I think my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

Hi, :) can any body explain the following statement sed 's/\(\)- ]//g' cheers RRK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

I have a file that conatins following info Policy1=U|guestRoom=test1idCode=5(1):!:Amenity2=U|RoomId=testrma=4(1):!:| GuestRoomAmenity1=U|guestRoomId=testguest1id^rmaCode=5(1):!:| I need it to look like this Policy1=U|guestRoom=test1idCode Amenity2=U|RoomId=testrmaCode... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Question 1. (Don't quite know how to use sed! Thanks)

Write a sed script to extract the year, rank, and stock for the most recent 10 years available in the file top10_mktval.csv, and output in the following format: ------------------------------ YEAR |RANK| STOCK ------------------------------ 2007 | 1 | Exxon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beibeiatNY
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

hi i have a file with this line: variable=/export/home/oracle I want to change the file so that the path is replaced with the value of another variable var2=/tmp/anything. how to do this in sed? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed question

I need to replace the numbers with a new string. How can I give a wildcard for the different # of numbers sed '/abcdef/s/abcdef=*/abcdef=999999/'<foo>foo1 From: To: abcdef=1234 abcdef=999999 abcdef=12345 abcdef=999999 abcdef=123456... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: beppler
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED question

I am trying to write a script that will take an input text file in the format person: place: phonenumber; person: place: phonenumber; person: place: phonenumber; ... and output it using sed too: Name ######## Location ######### Phone Number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmack56
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED question

I have the following string: "File Reader" I also have a list of directories: "File Reader (#53)" "CSV Writer (#47)" "Scorer (#22)" I want to search the name of each directory until I find "File Reader". Then, I want the corresponding number to be returned. For example, if I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xan.amini
7 Replies
TR(1)							      General Commands Manual							     TR(1)

NAME
tr - translate characters SYNOPSIS
tr [ -cds ] [ string1 [ string2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
Tr copies the standard input to the standard output with substitution or deletion of selected characters (runes). Input characters found in string1 are mapped into the corresponding characters of string2. When string2 is short it is padded to the length of string1 by dupli- cating its last character. Any combination of the options -cds may be used: -c Complement string1: replace it with a lexicographically ordered list of all other characters. -d Delete from input all characters in string1. -s Squeeze repeated output characters that occur in string2 to single characters. In either string a noninitial sequence -x, where x is any character (possibly quoted), stands for a range of characters: a possibly empty sequence of codes running from the successor of the previous code up through the code for x. The character followed by 1, 2 or 3 octal digits stands for the character whose 16-bit value is given by those digits. The character sequence followed by 1, 2, 3, or 4 hexadecimal digits stands for the character whose 16-bit value is given by those digits. A followed by any other character stands for that character. EXAMPLES
Replace all upper-case ASCII letters by lower-case. tr A-Z a-z <mixed >lower Create a list of all the words in one per line in where a word is taken to be a maximal string of alphabetics. String2 is given as a quoted newline. tr -cs A-Za-z ' ' <file1 >file2 SOURCE
/src/cmd/tr.c SEE ALSO
sed(1) TR(1)