Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing value with no obvious field seperator Post 302175294 by ShawnMilo on Thursday 13th of March 2008 03:07:12 PM
Old 03-13-2008
A Perl version:

Code:
cat temp.txt | perl -ne 'print "$_\n" if $_ =~ s/^.*F_TOP_SOURCE\[([^\]]+)].*$/$1/;'

This will print out the top source value for each line if there is one. If there isn't, it won't print anything for that line.

Also, this doesn't take into account multiple F_TOP_SOURCE sections in one line, so it will need to be modified if that can occur.

ShawnMilo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Field Seperator Help

I wrote a script on HPUX 11.11 to turn a Decimal subnet mask (255.255.254.0) to hex 0xfffffe00 (subset of a bigger script). It works great on the HPUX systems but on the freebsd box the awk is not seperating the fields properly. I tried to google for a solution and seaching these forums i am just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find columns with whitespace as field seperator?

Hai I am using bash-2.03$ bash --version GNU bash, version 2.03.0(1)-release (sparc-sun-solaris) I am not able to use gawk command its showing command not found , why ? Eg: awk 'NR==1' fix.txt | gawk 'BEGIN { FIELDWIDTHS = "3 2" } { printf($1"|"$2); }'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regexp to print after a field seperator

Hi, How do i Print anything after a ':' Ex : file1: 1235131(rs32553) I want to print out "1235131(rs32553)" how do i do it. I know we can do this using awk but looking for the right syntax. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Ram (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change field seperator

Hi Please help me out with this problem: I want to have a script that would change the nth field seperator in a line into something else. like a,d,4,2,97,8,9 into a,d,4,2,97/8/9 Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the invert of the last field of awk

in csh set x = "/home/usr/dir1/file1" if i do: echo $x | awk -F\/ '{print $NF}' will result to: "file1" how do i invert the output to: "/home/usr/dir1" :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add a field seperator in a file.

"355"|""|"NJ"|"A0A 1W0"|"V"|""|""|""|"N" I've the above sample data seperated with pipe delimeter and in the file I want to replace a space with "|" to the 4th field so the result would be like below. So it would change from 9 fields to 10 fields. "355"|""|"NJ"|"A0A"|"1W0"|"V"|""|""|""|"N" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

field seperator question (awk script)

Is there a way I could use different a different field seperator for different parts of the body? kinda like {FS = ":"} FILENAME == "products"{ price = $3 if(numprods < $1-100) numprods = $1-100 } {FS = "/"}{} FILENAME == "associates"{ associateid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angermanaged
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing the max of each field

hi guys im very new to scripting and i have a problem. i need to use awk in my script and the script needs to print the max for each of the columns in a file. for example: numbers.txt 10 15 20 30 40 58 25 30 15 10 38 10 38 8 9 ./max numbers.txt 58 25 38 30 40 i have no clue on how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: youness
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing uniq first field with the the highest second field

Hi All, I am searching for a script which will produce an output file with the uniq first field with the second field having highest value among all the duplicates.. The output file will produce only the uniqs which are duplicate 3 times.. Input file X 9 B 5 A 1 Z 9 T 4 C 9 A 4... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Field seperator with awk

Hi, input data format: echo ' <APPLICATION="APPLSG" SUB_APPLICATION="DLY" JOBNAME="DPL_BN_RE_CCMS_SA" CMDLINE="run_job.ksh %%PARAM1 %%PARAM2" TASKTYPE="Command" />' expected format: "APPLSG", "DLY", "DPL_BN_RE_CCMS_SA", "run_job.ksh %%PARAM1 %%PARAM2" my command: echo ' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies
form_field_validation(3CURSES)				     Curses Library Functions				    form_field_validation(3CURSES)

NAME
form_field_validation, set_field_type, field_type, field_arg - forms field data type validation SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lform -lcurses [ library... ] #include <form.h> int set_field_type(FIELD *field, FIELDTYPE *type...); FIELDTYPE *field_type(FIELD *field); char *field_arg(FIELD *field); DESCRIPTION
set_field_type() associates the specified field type with field. Certain field types take additional arguments. TYPE_ALNUM, for instance, requires one, the minimum width specification for the field. The other predefined field types are: TYPE_ALPHA, TYPE_ENUM, TYPE_INTEGER, TYPE_NUMERIC, and TYPE_REGEXP. field_type() returns a pointer to the field type of field. NULL is returned if no field type is assigned. field_arg() returns a pointer to the field arguments associated with the field type of field. NULL is returned if no field type is assigned. RETURN VALUES
field_type() and field_arg() return NULL on error. set_field_type() returns one of the following: E_OK The function returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), forms(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 form_field_validation(3CURSES)