Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find last delimiter in line? Post 302175196 by prismtx on Thursday 13th of March 2008 10:06:10 AM
Old 03-13-2008
How to find last delimiter in line?

I am working in a ksh script.

I am reading a login, password, and database name from a pre-existing config file. Login and password are simple, I take the value after the first "=" sign, but the dbname has multiple equal signs in it. I have it working by temporarily reading the 23rd field, but the number of fields may vary in different environments depending on the number of servers. How can I identify the last delimiter and take the value after that?

Here is what I have now:

Code:
for LINE in `cat /config/db.properties|tr -d " )\r"`
do
        VALUE=`echo $LINE | cut -f2 -d=`
        KEY=`echo $LINE | cut -f1 -d=`
        case $KEY in
                ORACLE_USER_ID) 
                      USERNAME=$VALUE;;
                ORACLE_PASSWORD)
                    PASSWORD=$VALUE;;
                ORACLE_URL)
                    DBNAME=`echo $LINE | cut -f23 -d=`;;
        esac
done

echo "  You are $USERNAME.\n  Your password is $PASSWORD.\n  You're logging on "
echo "to $DBNAME.\n"

My input is after removing carriage returns, spaces, and right parens is:

ORACLE_USER_ID=user12
ORACLE_PASSWORD=pswd12
ORACLE_URL=ORACLE_URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP(HOST=server1(PORT=1111(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP(HOST=server2(PORT=2222(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP(HOST=server3(PORT=3333(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP(HOST=server4(PORT=4444(LOAD_BALANCE=yes(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED(SERVICE_NAME=oradb1

Output is:
Code:
You are user12.
  Your password is pswd12.
  You're logging on y\to oradb1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract string from varying delimiter line

Hi I have lines like this a=1, b=2, c=3, a=1, d=4, e=5, b=225, I need to extract the b=nnn... value. I dont know how many other entries will be before and after it in each line. Ive tried a basic line like awk '/b=/, $NF ~ /,/ ' myfile.txt but I think that it doesnt care which comma it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut a field from a line having quotes as delimiter

Hi , I have extract a single field from the 2nd row of a file of which the format is as given below "Field1","Field2","Field3",...,"Field17",... I need to cut Field17 as such (no quotes required).. I give the command head -2 file_name | tail -1 | cut -d "," -f17 But the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivin_govindan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiter Count Line by Line

Hi All, I have totally 10 source files. I want to count the delimiter In my source files line by line and need to store the result in another file. I got the output for the total count of delimiter for one file. But I am struggling to get the delimiter count line by line for each my files. Plz... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh01_apk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the Delimiter?

Hi All, Is there any method we can use to find what is the delimiter used in a text file, asuming the files has fixed number of colomns. Thanks in advance. Js (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Word within ^A delimiter

I have a file in which the following pattern is there TAG001^A<value>^A I want to find all such values(words) which comes right next to "TAG001^A" and before the next "^A". ^A is the delimiter here. Please help! Note: I think ^A in unix resolves to \001 as delimiter (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the nth field value in delimiter file in unix using awk

Hi All, I wanted to find 200th field value in delimiter file using awk.? awk '{print $200}' inputfile I am getting error message :- awk: The field 200 must be in the range 0 to 199. The source line number is 1. The error context is {print >>> $200 <<< } using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find delimiter and double quote the field

Hi I have a asterisk (*) delimited file and there are some fields which contain data having asterisk , now i want to double quote the fileds which contain data with asterisk Ex: input file ID*NAME*EMAIL 1*BILL*BILL@AOL.com 2*J*OY*JOY@msn.com in the 2nd record JOY has a asterisk value in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: halmstad
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a part of line till delimiter

here are the few scenarios... isoSizeKB text NOT NULL, reserved1 varchar(255), KEY `deviceId` (`deviceId`) `d5` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, `dHead` enum('HistoryInfo','Diversion') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci, `ePR` int(11) DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need next line as a space delimiter in awk

Hi,Below is the output for p3fi_dev services 1/app/oracle> . ./oraprofile_p3fi_dev p3fi_dev_01 (P):/devoragridcn_01/app/oracle> srvctl config service -d p3fi_dev p3fi_p3fi_dev.world PREF: p3fi_dev_01 AVAIL: p3fi_dev_02 pplnet_p3fidev PREF: p3fi_dev_01 AVAIL: p3fi_dev_02 nexus_p3fidev PREF:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to identify delimiter to find and replace a string with sed?

I need to find and replace a date format in a SQL script with sed. The original lines are like this: ep.begin_date, ep.end_date, ep.facility_code, AND ep.begin_date <= '01-JUL-2019' ep.begin_date, ep.end_date, ep.facility_code, AND ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
15 Replies
Net::Time(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    Net::Time(3pm)

NAME
Net::Time - time and daytime network client interface SYNOPSIS
use Net::Time qw(inet_time inet_daytime); print inet_time(); # use default host from Net::Config print inet_time('localhost'); print inet_time('localhost', 'tcp'); print inet_daytime(); # use default host from Net::Config print inet_daytime('localhost'); print inet_daytime('localhost', 'tcp'); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Time" provides subroutines that obtain the time on a remote machine. inet_time ( [HOST [, PROTOCOL [, TIMEOUT]]]) Obtain the time on "HOST", or some default host if "HOST" is not given or not defined, using the protocol as defined in RFC868. The optional argument "PROTOCOL" should define the protocol to use, either "tcp" or "udp". The result will be a time value in the same units as returned by time() or undef upon failure. inet_daytime ( [HOST [, PROTOCOL [, TIMEOUT]]]) Obtain the time on "HOST", or some default host if "HOST" is not given or not defined, using the protocol as defined in RFC867. The optional argument "PROTOCOL" should define the protocol to use, either "tcp" or "udp". The result will be an ASCII string or undef upon failure. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Net::Time(3pm)