Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help in writing the code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in writing the code Post 302174746 by vino on Wednesday 12th of March 2008 03:09:41 AM
Old 03-12-2008
Please do not duplicate your posts.

Is this a classwork question ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing "find" code in C

I've got a project that writing "find" C code in solaris. That is finding a file in current and sub directories. While I am looking for some example on the book for two days, but I have no idea where to start. I think I need to use recursion, but is it true? I am still a Unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SQ4LIFE
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional writing of sql code

Hello again... I have a request from another department to list for them all the columns and tables we use in this certain database. I have spooled the oracle stored procedured into 1 file. I need a way to write out parts of that file. The criteria is to to start the block to be written when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing code!!!

suppose by writing this code "$ /sbin/ifconfig eth0| grep 'inet addr:' " i've got this output "inet addr:192.168.2.1 Mask:255.255.255.0" now if i want to see the output like this "IP address: 192.168.2.1 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0" what is the code should be? can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelly
3 Replies

4. Programming

Writing c code for who | sort | lp

Hi, Can any one please let me know the code for implementing who | sort | lp Basically I want to implent pipe here. The program can use the existing who, sort and lp Also please let me know How many processes are created in Unix when the following commands are executed? $ ls... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script or piece of code where the data returned by a stored procedure you are writing

hi fndz. Can you please help me with the code if I call a stored procedure from my shell script and stored procedure returns a cursor, cursor output should be saved to a file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Writing Code

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a script that will perform the grep command on a user defined file and a user defined pattern 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: must use grep command (that is the only piece of information that was given) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akjim101
2 Replies

7. Programming

Vi question for writing source code

Hi guys, I'm modifying an old f77 code using vi. I'm modifying the code remotely from my windows machine using xming using vi. I'm using tabs to move past the first 6 columns of the code and to keep my loops and if statements neat, but when I hit the tab key, vi displays a big red block which is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rks171
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed remove two headers; writing more elegant code

Hi there, I have two questions. First, I was wondering how to use sed to remove two header lines or two tail lines. Here I just do the same operation twice...I'm sure there is a better way. Second, and more importantly, is there a better way to have these operations use files other than... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a UNIX script from LOG to provide return code.

Folks - Firstly, I do apologize that my first post here is a question. I am quite familiar with UNIX since our application is running on it. We are trying to automate a few things on our end and I am challenged with a task in hand that requires UNIX scripting. I am totally a newbie in UNIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk72
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help writing code

Hi, i need a string that take from a log file just two words (ngwan0) and his related ip address and then execute 2 commands in a shell. Any ideas where to start? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
3 Replies
PSIGNAL(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						PSIGNAL(9)

NAME
psignal, pgsignal, gsignal, tdsignal -- post signal to a thread, process, or process group SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/signalvar.h> void psignal(struct proc *p, int signum); void pgsignal(struct pgrp *pgrp, int signum, int checkctty); void gsignal(int pgid, int signum); void tdsignal(struct thread *td, int signum); DESCRIPTION
These functions post a signal to a thread or one or more processes. The argument signum common to all three functions should be in the range [1-NSIG]. The psignal() function posts signal number signum to the process represented by the process structure p. With a few exceptions noted below, the target process signal disposition is updated and is marked as runnable, so further handling of the signal is done in the context of the target process after a context switch. Note that psignal() does not by itself cause a context switch to happen. The target process is not marked as runnable in the following cases: o The target process is sleeping uninterruptibly. The signal will be noticed when the process returns from the system call or trap. o The target process is currently ignoring the signal. o If a stop signal is sent to a sleeping process that takes the default action (see sigaction(2)), the process is stopped without awakening it. o SIGCONT restarts a stopped process (or puts them back to sleep) regardless of the signal action (e.g., blocked or ignored). If the target process is being traced psignal() behaves as if the target process were taking the default action for signum. This allows the tracing process to be notified of the signal. The pgsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group described by pgrp. If checkctty is non-zero, the sig- nal will be posted only to processes that have a controlling terminal. pgsignal() is implemented by walking along the process list headed by the field pg_members of the process group structure pointed at by pgrp and calling psignal() as appropriate. If pgrp is NULL no action is taken. The gsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group identified by the group id pgid. gsignal() first finds the group structure associated with pgid, then invokes pgsignal() with the argument checkctty set to zero. If pgid is zero no action is taken. The tdsignal() function posts signal number signum to the thread represented by the thread structure td. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), signal(9), tsleep(9) BSD
October 8, 2011 BSD