Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Inventory Scan
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Inventory Scan Post 302174504 by seacros on Tuesday 11th of March 2008 09:48:05 AM
Old 03-11-2008
I ran it

Ok i ran the script. It seems to hang for some reason. I take a look at the file.csv and it looks complete but the script seems to still be running.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to scan only new lines added in file?

Hi, I am planning to implement a scheduled script that will go against my log files (every hour), search for a set of key words (errors, exceptions, faults etc). The script must be intelligent enough to scan only the new lines added to the log file since it last ran. I can use grep for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Scan

Hi everyone , i m working on Sun solaris and i have a file "smsapp.cur" which has information like this paragraph given below , there are millions of such paragraphs From:923212802736 To:923222326807 logMessage: 07-04-08 17:34:29 Getting message topup from code page default in language English... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scan a file for literal, return 0 or 1 if found?

How can i scan a file in a UNIX script and look for a particular keyword? For example if i wanted to scan the file "lpcmp165.out" and see if it contains the term "error" or "ERROR" and then return a 0 or 1 or some indicator as such? Detail example: sqlplus -s xx/yyyyyyy#@zzz <<EOF >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to scan a sequential file to fetch some of the records?

Hi I am working on a script which needs to scan a sequential file and fetch the row where 2nd column = 'HUB' Can any one help me with this... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manmeet
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan a log file

hi guys, i am very new to scripting & lookin for a shell script/perl script which would scan another file with the keyword "no change" & take a count of the same. Let me know if any further details are required. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhanda
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File Scan

I need to read the last line of a log file and save it, sleep for X minutes and read the last line again. If the line is the same, exit 1, otherwise sleep for X minutes until the last line contains 'Status: Process completed'. Can anyone offer advice here? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mode09
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan log file for errors

Hi everyone. I am still new to UNIX, and am having trouble figuring out how to create a script to scan a log file to look for errors based on a string. We run AIX 5.3, and would like the ability to report all the instances of WebSphere Broker Execution groups crashing. This script would... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Scan for new LUN and create a new file system

Hi Please I dont have a lot of redhat skills, but I need some help on creating a file system. I need to rescan for this new LUN, so I try to check existing LUNs: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 299.4 GB, 299439751168 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 36404 cylinders Units = cylinders of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Scan and create file systems in new LUNs

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmoveldb02 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and I was told by the NetApp Admin that he has provided 5 LUNs of 1Tb, 200Gb and remaining 3 of 300Gb, but I am not able to see the new LUNs. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and remove if file infected using bash

The below bash runs clamav on all files in DIR and produces virus-scan.log. My question is the portion in bold is supposed to move the infected files, lines not OK, to /home/cmccabe/quarantine. Does the bash look correct? Thank you :). virus-scan.log Mon Jan 16 14:39:05 CST 2017... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
file-roller(1)							   User Commands						    file-roller(1)

NAME
file-roller - create, view, modify, or unpack an archive SYNOPSIS
file-roller [--add] [--add-to=archive] [--default-dir=folder] [--extract] [--extract-here] [--extract-to=folder] [--force] [gnome-std- options] DESCRIPTION
The File Roller application enables you to create, view, modify, or unpack an archive. An archive is a file that acts as a container for other files. An archive can contain many files, folders, and subfolders, usually in compressed form. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d, --add Ask for the name of the archive, then add the files, then quit the application. -a, --add-to=archive Add files to the specified archive, then quit the application. --default-dir=folder Specify the default folder for the --add and --extract options. -f, --extract Ask for the name of the destination folder, then extract the files, then quit the application. -h, --extract-here Extract archives using the archive name as destination folder and quit the program. -e, --extract-to=folder Extract archives to the specified folder, then quit the application. --force Create the destination folder without asking for confirmation. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more infor- mation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking an Archive example% file-roller --extract archive EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/file-roller Executable for File Roller application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNW | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
File Roller Manual ar(1), tar(1), unzip(1), zip(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Laszlo Kovacs, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004, 2007. SunOS 5.11 08 Nov 2007 file-roller(1)