Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Username with more than 8 Characters Post 302174500 by damn-86 on Tuesday 11th of March 2008 09:33:23 AM
Old 03-11-2008
thanks a lot for your answers.

Your solution-suggestion works absolutly fine, shockneck.

I think the ls-problem will open a PMR.

If you want to, i'll post the answer (in case of a wise answer).
But if somebody knows how to abolish the problem, please post it.

Greetz

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

username logner than 8 characters

Hi ! I'm using Fedora Core 6, commands like "who", "users" show correct username but "last" command is truncated to 8 characters. How can I make "last" command show long username? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Using all numeric for username

Hello, We have a Solaris 9 machine and recently our client want to create username based on staff numbers (all numeric). Is there any limitation in Solaris regarding creating username with numeric values (eg: 13598029)? Thanks & Regards Aryawarman Mahzar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryamahzar
5 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

username

Is it possible to change my username in this site or is thre a way to delete my account and then create a new one with a diffrent user name (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: floresr
2 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Change Username

Hello, I'd like to change my username if possible. The reason is that it is my actual name, and I'd like to remove it from search engines. If it is possible, I'd like to change it to creeps. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cezar.elnazli
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Su -i username not working why

Hi all, System is Solaris10 There is one script which i was able to execute with following entry:- su user1 -c "/u01/scripts/mfg/_db-start.all" But when I do this, which asked to do with -i option su -i user1 -c "/u01/scripts/mfg/_db-start.all" It gives following message:-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting characters after a given string and reporting the characters in the row below --sed

I have this fastq file: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGGGGGGGGGGGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCA +test-1 GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGFF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why does "ps -[u|U] username" not list processes when username is numeric?

Greetings, The title pretty much says it all. I've snooped everywhere and can't find anything on this. Since our organization went to numeric usernames, using the u|U option for ps returns no processes. Example passwd entry: 320074:DjZAJKXun8HBs:10129:6006:Joe Y:/cadhome/analysis/jy:/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
4 Replies
uligo(6)							   Games Manual 							  uligo(6)

NAME
uligo - tsumego (go problems) practice tool SYNOPSIS
uligo DESCRIPTION
To get stronger at go, it is essential to develop one's reading ability. That is why professionals recommend to study life and death or tesuji problems. uliGo is a program that allows you to do that: basically, the computer displays a problem, and asks for the answer. You enter the first move, the computer responds, and so on until you reach the final solution or enter a wrong move. USAGE
The basic operation of uliGo is simple. Click the right arrow to view a problem, and then click where you think the right answer is. The Documentation item in the Help menu contains the full documentation for uliGo, such as configuring the timer or the order the tsumego are displayed in. By default, problems are presented in random order, with the colors and orientation of the problem randomly chosen. FILES
~/.uligo This directory stores information about how many problems you've solved, and SGF files you've downloaded yourself. AUTHOR
Ulrich Goertz <uligo@g0ertz.de> is the author of uliGo. Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org> wrote this manual page for the Debian operating system, but it may be used by others. SEE ALSO
The uliGo website at http://www.u-go.net/uligo/ contains more (unclearly licensed) problems sets that cannot be included with the Debian package. April 25th, 2003 uligo(6)