Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mplayer on soalris
Operating Systems Solaris mplayer on soalris Post 302174252 by wrapster on Monday 10th of March 2008 02:03:25 PM
Old 03-10-2008
mplayer on soalris

Hi all ...

I would like to know how to install mplayer on solaris 10
i have been trying to understand it through the docs on their website
but didnt get it that well..

So if anyone can give me step by step instructions to install it ..i would much appreciate it!!!

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SATA driver for soalris 9

can any one help me look for a driver for SATA harddisk, im installing solaris 9 to it. thanks and regards msouthofheavenk ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msouthofheavenk
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Soalris 10 - vnc 4.1.2 java setup

I have vnc installed and configured and it's working when I use the vncviewer to connect to my vnc server. How do I setup the java vnc on the server? When I go to http://192.168.1.1:5800, it says no connection. I have tired this: #Xvnc -httpd /usr/local/vnc/classes -httpport 5800 Fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kungpow
1 Replies

3. Solaris

soalris 10 sparc 64-bit

Hi all, When i use the command ps , it throws the error like this "ld.so.1: ps: fatal: /lib/libc.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 Killed" Some of the commands will work.say for e.g. who,cp but w will not work. Please can anyone help me on this to solve this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanshine
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Soalris 10 PAM Radius authentication Module

Hello Group, I'm facing Problem with the configuration of "***pam_radius_auth.so.1***" module to be integrated with Freeradius and Funk Steel Belted Radius. Both this radius servers are able to make "Access-Accept" packet. But the SSH or Telnet client is not able to login to the system with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImpeccableCode
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Soalris 10 - Zones information

Hi Does anyone know of a good way to collect information about what resources are being used by all zones e.g. disk space, cpu, mem, virt mem? Are there any gui tools available for this type of operation that I've missed? The only info that I have gathered isfrom the following command: #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skewbie
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas Cluster for Oracle on Soalris Zone

Hi, Does anyone has idea how to implement Veritas Cluster Server 5.3 (SF 5.3) for Oracle 10g on Solaris Zone (Containers). Please let me know any of you folks have worked on similar implementation and if you could pass on some information related to it. BR, Shreeram Rane (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shreeram Rane
1 Replies

7. Solaris

2 apps using same port on a single soalris server

Hi i 've a question is it possible to run 2 instances of an application on same server which uses same port .. , is it possible to do it with logical ip addresses ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

8. Solaris

soft errors in soalris

hi friends, How will you clear the soft error on disk ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Creating soalris 9 ISO image with use of downloaded OS

Hi Folks, I have downloaded OS on one of my server and i want to create bootable solaris 9 ISO image with use of this...I need to use this image to other server.,Could you please let us know how we will create ISO image with below OS image.. # cd solaris_9 # ls -alrt total 128 drwxr-xr-x ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Password got expired but not prompting for new passowrd in soalris 10

Password got expired but not prompting for new passowrd in soalris 10 and another user got locked why it got locked and when it got locked how to check the logs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: upender
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)