Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get ride of the BEEP in Solaris Post 302174196 by bobk544 on Monday 10th of March 2008 10:43:53 AM
Old 03-10-2008
thanks Jim i will keep on that track, appreciate the recommendation!

BobK

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no beep in shell??

hiho, who has an idea how i can tell my shell that it should not beep on errors or when i'm using the TAB in bash to complete noone needs to know when i make mistakes ;-) solaris 9 (SPARC) bash 2.05 thx a lot Preßy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to shut off beep

I need to know how to turn off the beep in my unix environment. I tried with the Common Desktop Environment on solaris but it didn't work. I used to know the environment variable to set but I have forgotten it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpedicone
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I make 'tail -f' beep?

Hi, I'm moniroting numerous logs in my new job (tail -f JOE.log | grep ALERT) and I want to be able to make the Terminal BEEP when ever something comes up. Is this something I can do easily? Any help with the above (or an alternative) would be appreciated, so I can stop staring at the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_big_v
1 Replies

4. Linux

the old question: how to disable the beep ?

still the old question (didn't find the satisfied answer in the forum) how to disable the awful beep in linux workstation? i tried this: /etc/inputrc -〉set bell-style none but it can only disable the beep whenever you input wrongly in the console. in some othercases, i still can hear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

over ride scripts?

I was trying aliases, but basically I want to know how to make a user have to use my script (ie my configure script) instead of whatever one they are trying to use. I want to use this to protect them from installing things globally, so in this case, whenever they try running '/.configure', I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: myriad360
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

I can't make my pc speakers beep

I don't know why, but when I issue echo -e '\a' or beep. I get only some sound, set in my OS (Ubuntu Karmic). I tried to run these on Lenovo Y510KA and Lenovo S10-2. Is there another way to make my laptops beep?.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

7. Slackware

System audible beep

I have tried everything with sounds on Slackware and after over a decade am at the end of it. I have uncommented /sbin/modprobe pcspkr in rc.modules. I have commented blacklist pcspkr in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf I have set bell-style audible in /etc/inputrc and I still can't get echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
3 Replies
AFSEEKFRAME(3)															    AFSEEKFRAME(3)

NAME
afSeekFrame, afTellFrame - update or access the current sample frame position for a track in an audio file SYNOPSIS
#include <audiofile.h> AFframecount afSeekFrame(AFfilehandle file, int track, AFframecount frameOffset); AFframecount afTellFrame(AFfilehandle file, int track); PARAMETERS
file is a valid audio file handle created by afOpenFile(3). track identifies an audio track within the file. track is always AF_DEFAULT_TRACK for all currently supported audio file formats. frameOffset is a sample frame offset. Valid sample frame offsets must be greater than or equal to zero and strictly less than the number of sample frames contained within the specified audio track. The special value -1 is also allowed. DESCRIPTION
afSeekFrame moves the logical file position for a specified audio track to a desired sample frame location. If frameOffset is -1, afSeekFrame will not modify the current file offset and will instead return the current file position. afTellFrame returns current file position in sample frames. RETURN VALUE
On success, afSeekFrame and afTellFrame will return the current file position as measured in sample frames from the start of the audio track. On failure, afSeekFrame and afTellFrame will return the value -1. ERRORS
The following errors can be generated by afSeekFrame or afTellFrame: AF_BAD_FILEHANDLE file does not represent a valid file handle. AF_BAD_TRACK track does not identify a valid track. AF_BAD_LSEEK A call to lseek failed. AUTHOR
Michael Pruett <michael@68k.org> Audio File Library 0.3.6 03/06/2013 AFSEEKFRAME(3)