Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers fetchmail imap gmail certificate Post 302174041 by HPAVC on Sunday 9th of March 2008 07:05:48 PM
Old 03-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by c19h28O2
Guys,
poll imap.gmail.com protocol IMAP user "xxxxx@gmail.com" there with password "xxxx" nofetchall keep ssl
You dont need to create a cert, try this (which works for me for what its worth)

Code:
poll "imap.gmail.com" proto imap port 993
    user "user@gmail.com" password "pass"
    ssl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail suitable for this task?

Hi all. I'm currently building my own webmail server but I will need to collect my mail from several different account scattered around the 'Net. I know fetchmail can do this. The problem I have is that my main POP3 mailbox at my ISP lumps all users' e-mails into one box. This means that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DraconianTimes
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

fetchmail with pop3

once i used kmail (or sometimes outlook express) for my e-mail client. i had no problem with that. now being with unix console, i want to retrieve pop3 mails, using fetchmail. (where i can browse my mailbox(es) later) and it seems something i'm missing or do not understand. assuming my e-mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaguar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail taking long time to fetchmail...

Hi peeps, We are having around 60 users. The time set to retrieve the mail is 300 sec. But it's taking around 1 hour to deliver mails. I am using debian sarge 3.1. any clues? And how it will affect if I decrease the time? My machine has got 1 p4 3.0 GHZ processor and 1 GB ram. The home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. Linux

Fetchmail Ate my inbox!

Hello All. I was messing around with Fetchmail on a Test Email account. Here's what my fetchmailrc file looks like: poll imap.gmail.com proto IMAP fetchall ssl When I ran this, it removed all the test emails from my Google Account. There were a few emails that I needed, however, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewrockshard
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (conky) and gmail/IMAP unread message count

Hi all, I use Conky monitor (Conky - Home) for my laptop and I needed a script to see the count of new messages on gmail/IMAP, then I made this small perl script (I hope they can be useful to someone :)) gimap.pl #!/usr/bin/perl # gimap.pl by gxmsgx # description: get the count of unread... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
0 Replies

6. Linux

Fetchmail Help

Hello there Unix & Linux Guru's and Gifted ones, Can anyone help me configure fetchmail on my redhat 9.0 This sounds to be silly but really I'm new to linux. I really need step by step installation and configuration on our company's required Redhat 9.0 (shrike) OS. Thank you and God... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggled_boy
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

fetchmail with two envelope options

Dear All, Is it possible to using 2 envelope options on fetchmail ? Here is fetchmailrc configuration : envelope "Envelope-To" envelope "X-Apparently-To" Thx :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhein_onizuka@y
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Fetchmail Error

Hello All, I am using fecthmail on RHEL 5.fetchmail: fetchmail 6.3.6-1.1.el5.3.1 getting the below error. ################# Installation check passed Fetching email ... mail box file name is ....mailbox.2011051614 /usr/bin/fetchmail --all --timeout 3000 --nokeep --bsmtp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies
IMAP_OPEN(3)								 1							      IMAP_OPEN(3)

imap_open - Open anIMAPstream to a mailbox

SYNOPSIS
resource imap_open NULL (string $mailbox, string $username, string $password, [int $options], [int $n_retries], [array $params]) DESCRIPTION
Opens an IMAP stream to a $mailbox. This function can also be used to open streams to POP3 and NNTP servers, but some functions and features are only available on IMAP servers. PARAMETERS
o $mailbox - A mailbox name consists of a server and a mailbox path on this server. The special name INBOX stands for the current users per- sonal mailbox. Mailbox names that contain international characters besides those in the printable ASCII space have to be encoded width imap_utf7_encode(3). The server part, which is enclosed in '{' and '}', consists of the servers name or ip address, an optional port (prefixed by ':'), and an optional protocol specification (prefixed by '/'). The server part is mandatory in all mailbox parameters. All names which start with { are remote names, and are in the form "{" remote_system_name [":" port] [flags] "}" [mailbox_name] where: o remote_system_name - Internet domain name or bracketed IP address of server. o port - optional TCP port number, default is the default port for that service o flags - optional flags, see following table. o mailbox_name - remote mailbox name, default is INBOX Optional flags for names +---------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Flag | | | | | | | Description | | | | +---------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | /service= service | | | | | | | mailbox access service, default is "imap" | | | | | | | | /user= user | | | | | | | remote user name for login on the server | | | | | | | | /authuser= user | | | | | | | remote authentication user; if specified this is | | | the user name whose password is used (e.g. admin- | | | istrator) | | | | | | | | /anonymous | | | | | | | remote access as anonymous user | | | | | | | | /debug | | | | | | | record protocol telemetry in application's debug | | | log | | | | | | | | /secure | | | | | | | do not transmit a plaintext password over the | | | network | | | | | | | |/imap, /imap2, /imap2bis, /imap4, /imap4rev1 | | | | | | | equivalent to /service=imap | | | | | | | | /pop3 | | | | | | | equivalent to /service=pop3 | | | | | | | | /nntp | | | | | | | equivalent to /service=nntp | | | | | | | | /norsh | | | | | | | do not use rsh or ssh to establish a preauthenti- | | | cated IMAP session | | | | | | | | /ssl | | | | | | | use the Secure Socket Layer to encrypt the ses- | | | sion | | | | | | | | /validate-cert | | | | | | | validate certificates from TLS/SSL server (this | | | is the default behavior) | | | | | | | | /novalidate-cert | | | | | | | do not validate certificates from TLS/SSL server, | | | needed if server uses self-signed certificates | | | | | | | | /tls | | | | | | | force use of start-TLS to encrypt the session, | | | and reject connection to servers that do not sup- | | | port it | | | | | | | | /notls | | | | | | | do not do start-TLS to encrypt the session, even | | | with servers that support it | | | | | | | | /readonly | | | | | | | request read-only mailbox open (IMAP only; | | | ignored on NNTP, and an error with SMTP and POP3) | | | | +---------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $username - The user name o $password - The password associated with the $username o $options - The $options are a bit mask with one or more of the following: o OP_READONLY - Open mailbox read-only o OP_ANONYMOUS - Don't use or update a .newsrc for news (NNTP only) o OP_HALFOPEN - For IMAP and NNTP names, open a connection but don't open a mailbox. o CL_EXPUNGE - Expunge mailbox automatically upon mailbox close (see also imap_delete(3) and imap_expunge(3)) o OP_DEBUG - Debug protocol negotiations o OP_SHORTCACHE - Short ( elt-only) caching o OP_SILENT - Don't pass up events (internal use) o OP_PROTOTYPE - Return driver prototype o OP_SECURE - Don't do non-secure authentication o $n_retries - Number of maximum connect attempts o $params - Connection parameters, the following (string) keys maybe used to set one or more connection parameters: o DISABLE_AUTHENTICATOR - Disable authentication properties RETURN VALUES
Returns an IMAP stream on success or FALSE on error. CHANGELOG
+--------+------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+------------------+ | 5.3.2 | | | | | | | $params added | | | | | 5.2.0 | | | | | | | $n_retries added | | | | +--------+------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Different use of imap_open(3) <?php // To connect to an IMAP server running on port 143 on the local machine, // do the following: $mbox = imap_open("{localhost:143}INBOX", "user_id", "password"); // To connect to a POP3 server on port 110 on the local server, use: $mbox = imap_open ("{localhost:110/pop3}INBOX", "user_id", "password"); // To connect to an SSL IMAP or POP3 server, add /ssl after the protocol // specification: $mbox = imap_open ("{localhost:993/imap/ssl}INBOX", "user_id", "password"); // To connect to an SSL IMAP or POP3 server with a self-signed certificate, // add /ssl/novalidate-cert after the protocol specification: $mbox = imap_open ("{localhost:995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert}", "user_id", "password"); // To connect to an NNTP server on port 119 on the local server, use: $nntp = imap_open ("{localhost:119/nntp}comp.test", "", ""); // To connect to a remote server replace "localhost" with the name or the // IP address of the server you want to connect to. ?> Example #2 imap_open(3) example <?php $mbox = imap_open("{imap.example.org:143}", "username", "password"); echo "<h1>Mailboxes</h1> "; $folders = imap_listmailbox($mbox, "{imap.example.org:143}", "*"); if ($folders == false) { echo "Call failed<br /> "; } else { foreach ($folders as $val) { echo $val . "<br /> "; } } echo "<h1>Headers in INBOX</h1> "; $headers = imap_headers($mbox); if ($headers == false) { echo "Call failed<br /> "; } else { foreach ($headers as $val) { echo $val . "<br /> "; } } imap_close($mbox); ?> SEE ALSO
imap_close(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAP_OPEN(3)