Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i want to know entered string ends with .jar Post 302173814 by naree on Saturday 8th of March 2008 05:08:02 AM
Old 03-08-2008
i want to know entered string ends with .jar

Hi all,

I want to know whelther string entered ends with .jar. Can any one help please..

Thank U
Naree

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

while never ends

Hi i have question, is this ok in ksh, like while ] do something read true done loop runs but never ends even i pass y/Y. can any body please resolve it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find string in .jar file

Hello, I have a .jar file and am trying to figure out if it is possible to search for some text in all the files in it without extracting it. I was able to do it using jar xf <filename>.jar and then using grep but want a one liner. Thanks in advance:) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat last entered command ?

Hi, how to do that ? I mean only print it but not execute. I'm using putty to interact with ksh. (in windows cmd up arrow does the job) thanks vilius (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deletion of all lines ends with :

I have below file say temp1 BSCAJM1:HWJA10C BSCAJM1: BSCALW1: BSCALW1:GVND01B BSCALW1: BSCALW1: BSCBKNR:IJNMKTA BSCBKNR: BSCJOD1: BSCJOD1:JOD121B i want to delete all the lines ending with : and have below output BSCAJM1:HWJA10C BSCALW1:GVND01B BSCBKNR:IJNMKTA... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalchand
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

only a number can be entered no letters?

ok the user can only enter a number if a letter is entered it shouldnt be accepted This is what i have so far read -p "How many cars to enter:" cars until do read -p "Invalid number. Please re-enter:" $tags done (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to write all the jar name in single with delimiter ":" in beween the jar name

Hi All, I am having 7 jar files in a dir. abc like listed below bash-3.00$ cd abc bash-3.00$ ls 123.jar 23wdawd.jar dfsa23.jar dsa.jar wew234.jar adsd234234.jar dfsda423.jarNow i want to assign all this jar files to a variable in the below format ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trimming ends

My files look like this I need to remove the sequence GGGAAA and anything before that I also need to remove the sequence AGCCCTA and anything after that So I will end up with something like this The left side is done but I cannot get the right side correctly. I would like to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a string starts with certain values and ends with numbers

This is very basic. Yet Iam struggling to get the right pattern for my check. Apologize in advance to ask a very lame question. I have to validate if a value of the variable starts with "efgh" and followed by 6 numbers. Var1="efgh234567" The condition Iam trying to achieve is similar to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
6 Replies
jpackage-utils(7)						RPM Java packaging						 jpackage-utils(7)

NAME
jpackage-utils - Utilities, macros and other files for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
build-classpath build the Java classpath in a portable manner build-jar-repository build a jar repository in a portable manner rebuild-jar-repository rebuild a jar repository in a portable manner (after a jvm change...) build-classpath-directory build the Java classpath from a directory diff-jars show jar content differences jvmjar install jvm extensions create-jar-links create custom jar links clean-binary-files remove binary files from sources check-binary-files check for presence of unexpected binary files DESCRIPTION
The JPackage Project has two primary goals: - To provide a coherent set of Java software packages for Linux, satisfying all quality requirements of other applications. - To establish an efficient and robust policy for Java software packaging and installation. We focus on free and open source software whenever possible. For convenience, we also provide non-free packages without the restricted source code. Our RPMs are generic in that they should work on any RPM based Linux distribution (Mandriva, Red Hat, SuSE, others). Other packaging format suggestions are welcome too. FILES
/use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/jpackage-release string identifying the currently installed JPackage release /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration /etc/rpm/macros.jpackage RPM macros for Java packagers and developers SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages build-classpath(1) build-classpath-directory(1) build-jar-repository(1) check-binary-files(1) clean-binary-files(1) create-jar-links(1) diff-jars(1) find-jar(1) jvmjar(1) rebuild-jar-repository(1) rebuild-security-providers(1) java.conf(5) Documentation Following files are located in your standard documentation directory HEADER.JPP A standard header with license for spec files of JPackage Project clean-binary-files.txt A further documentation for check-binary-files(1), clean-binary-files(1) and create-jar-links(1) commands httpd-javadoc.conf Example JPackage javadoc configuration snippet for Apache jpackage-1.5-policy.xhtml JPackage Java infrastructure design and packaging policy jpackage-utils-policy JPackage packaging (naming) policy AUTHOR
Written by the JPackage Project REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 jpackage-utils(7)