Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: test cases
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users test cases Post 302173779 by dr46014 on Friday 7th of March 2008 10:59:46 PM
Old 03-07-2008
test cases

in my organisation the unix server is migrated.the ip of the server changed and the hardware.i need to test that i am aving the same file structure and data which is created under my user id.and the utilities like sqlplus,ftp are working or not.i am talking abt the general user perspective who needs to check whether the files(both serial and multifiles ) present previously are properly migrated or not.how can i prepare test cases to test that.
please send me some scripts for basic testing

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

2 cases !!! plz advise

i've installed solaris 10 on E 3500 server .. 1. i cant install patch cluster on it , cause when i extract the file , i gives me an OUT file .. i dont know what to do with it . 2. i want to know which files to edit so i can use Exceed Client Software for X Terminal .. its working fine with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string with different cases

Hi Guys, I am using the following command in a script. cat $sql_file_path"/"${sql_file_list} | grep "ABCDE" but it returns only exactly matching lines (ABCDE) how can i modify this single line so it will return if it finds a matching string with any case. eg: Abcde, abCDe, abcdeE,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract match cases

hi guys i have a file like this which is contain more than 3000 records i want to extract emails have Creation Date: : Wed, 14 Aug 2009 and their POP3 Last Login Date and WebMail Last Login Date is Thu, 01 Jan 1970 how can i could do that for example in this sample i need... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
13 Replies

6. HP-UX

Test cases for file system mount/umount performance in HP

Hi Folks, Could anyone please assist me with the what could be the scenarios to test the file system mount/umount performance check in HPUX. Thanks in advance, Vaishey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings for different cases

Hi All, Good morning I have a below code which is working & getting expected output. the problem in this code is it is executing 3 if conditions, my requirement is suppose if first condition is success then it should print echo statement & exit from if condition else if the 1st if condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies
SUBSCRIPTIONS(5)					    InterNetNews Documentation						  SUBSCRIPTIONS(5)

NAME
subscriptions - Default recommended subscriptions DESCRIPTION
The pathetc/subscriptions file contains a list of newsgroups that is returned by the NNTP command LIST SUBSCRIPTIONS. Clients that support this command usually send it the first time they connect to a new news server. They use the returned list to initialize the list of subscribed newsgroups. The subscriptions file therefore should contain groups intended for new users, for testing, or that contain FAQs and other useful information for first-time Usenet users. The syntax of the subscriptions file is trivial; it is a simple list of newsgroup names, one per line. The order of newsgroups may be significant; the news reading client may present the groups in that order to the user. Be aware that use of the LIST SUBSCRIPTIONS command is not widespread (though documented in RFC 6048) and most news clients will never ask for this file. EXAMPLE
A typical subscriptions file may look like: news.announce.newusers news.newusers.questions local.test local.general local.talk misc.test misc.test.moderated news.answers news.announce.newgroups This gives the client the FAQs and question newsgroup for new users first, then a local newsgroup for testing and various commonly-read local discussion groups, followed by the world-wide test groups, all the FAQs, and announcements of new world-wide newsgroups. If there is a local new users group, one might want to list it first. HISTORY
Written by Bettina Fink <laura@hydrophil.de> for InterNetNews. $Id: subscriptions.pod 9138 2010-10-29 18:09:50Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
nnrpd(8). INN 2.5.3 2011-06-10 SUBSCRIPTIONS(5)