Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File timestamps in different servers. Post 302173767 by bperl on Friday 7th of March 2008 05:42:52 PM
Old 03-07-2008
any idea how to capture timestamps of files in different servers guys?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command not giving file names accord. to timestamps

Currently iam working on solaris environment, Iam using find command to get list of all files between any two given dates. But the find command is not listing files accord. to timestamp. I tried using -exec option as -exec ls -ltr {} \; Still the files are not listed according to timestamp..... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mv command and file-timestamps

Hi all, I need help to find out if it is possible (if so, how? :D ) to move a hard link to a given file without making the main file i-node modification time change. That is: I have a file myFile.txt , and I have a link myLink.dat to that file (obtained by: ln myFile.txt myLink.dat).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gian1975
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to search content of file with timestamps in the directory

hello, i want to make a script to search the file contents in my home directory by a given date and output me the line that has the date... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychobeauty
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

timestamps

Hello! I have the following problem. I read a file using perl, each line of this file has the fllowing format. 14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$ Th first field is the timestamp and the second field is the offset in seconds. How can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO - File Timestamps - how old is a file?

Hi all, Can anyone please advise how to get/display the timestamp of a file and at the same time display how old the file is? For example, if I have a file that is created on January 01, 2011 at 1000 and today is January 03, 2011 2200, I want a script to be able to display the timestamp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data between two timestamps in a file using KSH

Hi, I got a requirement to fetch data between two time stamps in a big log file and grep for a word in that particular time interval of data. Here is my log looks like: 2012/04/08-14:35:56 Abcdefg 2012/04/08-14:35:56 Hijklmnophhoishfw 2012/04/08-14:35:56... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siri_886
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Shell/Perl(?)] Prepending timestamps to console output & writing results to a file

I do a lot of TSM work and I embarked on what I thought would be an easy task, and I'd be very happy for any input to save the pounding my keyboard is receiving :] By default, the output of TSM's console has no timestamping, making it hard to sort through accurately. This puts my console into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search lines between two timestamps in a file

I have a log file where every line starts with a time stamp. I have to extract lines from the file within a given time stamp. For example: IF the file is like this: 2012-08-19 10:34:03,446|WebContainer : 56|OrderHeaderDaoImpl|findByKeys|26| 2012-08-20 11:34:03,463|WebContainer :... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinalluri
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search lines between two timestamps in a file

Hi, I want to pull lines between two timestamps from a file. When I just insert values directly it is working fine. sed -n '/2014-02-14 05:30/,/2014-02-14 05:31/p' Logfile When I try to insert variable it is not working. sed -n '/TZ=GMT+1 date +%Y-%m-%d" "%H:%M:%S/,/TZ=GMT date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file between timestamps Query

On my linux box, I have a file say dump.txt. I then need to move to another seperte folder and need to find only one file with extension *.tar that has the closest timestamp after / next to the timestamp of the dump.txt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
nisping(1M)															       nisping(1M)

NAME
nisping - send ping to NIS+ servers SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisping [-uf] [-H hostname] [-r | directory] /usr/lib/nis/nisping -C [-a] [-H hostname] [directory] In the first line, the nisping command sends a ``ping'' to all replicas of an NIS+ directory. Once a replica receives a ping, it will check with the master server for the directory to get updates. Prior to pinging the replicas, this command attempts to determine the last update "seen" by a replica and the last update logged by the master. If these two timestamps are the same, the ping is not sent. The -f (force) option will override this feature. Under normal circumstances, NIS+ replica servers get the new information from the master NIS+ server within a short time. Therefore, there should not be any need to use nisping. In the second line, the nisping -C command sends a checkpoint request to the servers. If no directory is specified, the home domain, as returned by nisdefaults(1), is checkpointed. If all directories, served by a given server, have to be checkpointed, then use the -a option. On receiving a checkpoint request, the servers would commit all the updates for the given directory from the table log files to the data- base files. This command, if sent to the master server, will also send updates to the replicas if they are out of date. This option is needed because the database log files for NIS+ are not automatically checkpointed. nisping should be used at frequent intervals (such as once a day) to checkpoint the NIS+ database log files. This command can be added to the crontab(1) file. If the database log files are not checkpointed, their sizes will continue to grow. If the server specified by the -H option does not serve the directory, then no ping is sent. Per-server and per-directory access restrictions may apply; see nisopaccess(1). nisping uses NIS_CPTIME and NIS_PING (resync (ping) of replicas), or NIS_CHECKPOINT (for checkpoint). Since the NIS_PING operation does not return a status, the nisping command is typically unable to indicate success or failure for resyncs. -a Checkpoint all directories on the server. -C Send a request to checkpoint, rather than a ping, to each server. The servers schedule to commit all the transactions to stable storage. -H hostname Only the host hostname is sent the ping, checked for an update time, or checkpointed. -f Force a ping, even though the timestamps indicate there is no reason to do so. This option is useful for debugging. -r This option can be used to update or get status about the root object from the root servers, especially when new root replicas are added or deleted from the list. If used without -u option, -r will send a ping request to the servers serving the root domain. When the replicas receive a ping, they will update their root object if needed. The -r option can be used with all other options except with the -C option; the root object need not be checkpointed. -u Display the time of the last update; no servers are sent a ping. -1 No servers were contacted, or the server specified by the -H switch could not be contacted. 0 Success. 1 Some, but not all, servers were successfully contacted. Example 1: Using nisping This example pings all replicas of the default domain: example% nisping Note that this example will not ping the org_dir and groups_dir subdirectories within this domain. This example pings the server example which is a replica of the org_dir.foo.com. directory: example% nisping -H example org_dir.foo.com. This example checkpoints all servers of the org_dir.bar.com. directory. example% nisping -C org_dir.bar.com. NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ directory name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the directory is found. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ crontab(1), nisdefaults(1), nisopaccess(1), nislog(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. 12 Dec 2001 nisping(1M)