Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Need to decommission numerous HP N class servers...any thoughts to do quickly? Post 302173353 by vbe on Thursday 6th of March 2008 12:21:01 PM
Old 03-06-2008
>I have numerous N-class servers w...

How many?
I have a killer script but it is no simple task and it shares some c program

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need solution for this quickly. please quickly.

Write a nawk script that will produce the following report: ***FIRST QUARTERLY REPORT*** ***CAMPAIGN 2004 CONTRIBUTIONS*** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- NAME PHONE Jan | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.palakj.shah
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

car class (not school class)

im just trying to have some fun and kill some time writing a c++ program that has a person type in a car make and model then gives them a year and a price. or something like that. i always have problems getting it goin but once the ball is rolling im usually pretty good. anyone wanna help me out? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

3. Programming

C++ class definition with a member of the same class

Hi, i have a question about C++. Is it possible to declare a class with a member ot the same class? For example, a linked list or i want to convert this C code to C++ class (Elemento) typedef struct elemento { char name; char value; List<struct elemento> ltElementos; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
7 Replies

4. Programming

static use for class inside the same class c++

Hi, I believe the next code is wrong: class Egg { Egg e; int i; Egg(int ii=0) : i(ii) {} }; because you would end up with an endless definition (memory allocation) of Egg objects, thus int i. Ok, so God Eckel proposes for a singleton: class Egg { static Egg e; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavipoes
5 Replies

5. Fedora

Concatenate Numerous Files

Hey! I wanted to find a text version of the Bible for purposes of grepping. The only files I could find, (in the translation I wanted), were Old Testament.txt and New Testament.txt. I thought, "fine, I'll just concatenate those two, no problemo." But when I unpacked them, turns out they had each... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check numerous ports / servers (Solaris native)

Hi I'd like to check that a bunch of firewall rules have been applied and, therefore, want to write a script that basically does the following: telnet serverA port1 telnet serverA port2 telnet serverB port1 telnet serverB port2 I would just compile the list in excel and run it as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibberish
2 Replies

8. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

9. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Linux server decommission

Hi Folks, I would like to create a script for linux server decommissioning which should collect the all configuration details and store in a file. Now the server configuration details are collected manually. The server configuration detail includes IP, DNS, OS Version, Network Interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
3 Replies
Net::Hotline::Task(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::Hotline::Task(3pm)

NAME
Net::Hotline::Task - Task object used internally by Net::Hotline::Client SYNOPSIS
use Net::Hotline::Task; $task = new Net::Hotline::Task; $task->start(time()); $task->num($num++); ... DESCRIPTION
Net::Hotline::Task is a simple class for storing and retrieving task information, You should never have to create your own Net::Hotline::Task objects when using Net::Hotline::Client. Getting and (to a lesser extent) setting attributes is all that should be necessary. CONSTRUCTION
new NUM, TYPE, START, SOCKET, PATH With no arguments, creates a new Net::Hotline::Task object with all attributes set to undef. With three or four arguments (PATH is optional), creates a new Net::Hotline::Task object with task number NUM, task type TYPE, start time START, user socket number SOCKET, and file path PATH. METHODS
All the Net::Hotline::Task methods are simple attribute get/set routines. If given an argument, they set an attribute. In all cases, they return the current value of the attribute. error EXPR The error state of the task. A true value means there was an error. error_text TEXT The error message text. This only applies if error() returns a true value. finish TIME The time (in platform-native time format, i.e. seconds since the epoch on a Unix system) that a task completed. num NUMBER The unique task number. Task numbers increase sequentially. path PATH The path information associated with a task (if any). In situations where two paths may be associated with a task (a "move file" task, for example), a reference to an array containing the paths will be returned. socket NUMBER The unique user socket number associated with a task (if any). start TIME The time (in platform-native time format) that a task was started. type TASK_TYPE The HTLC_TASK_XXX constant specifying the type of task. These constants are defined in Net::Hotline::Constants, and include: HTLC_TASK_KICK Disconnect a user. HTLC_TASK_LOGIN Log into server. HTLC_TASK_NEWS Get the news. HTLC_TASK_NEWS_POST Post to news. HTLC_TASK_FILE_DELETE Delete a file. HTLC_TASK_FILE_INFO Get file information. HTLC_TASK_FILE_LIST Get a file list. HTLC_TASK_FILE_MKDIR Create a new folder. HTLC_TASK_FILE_MOVE Move a file. HTLC_TASK_SEND_MSG Send a private message. HTLC_TASK_SET_INFO Set file information. HTLC_TASK_USER_INFO Get user information. HTLC_TASK_USER_LIST Get the userlist. AUTHOR
John C. Siracusa (siracusa@mindspring.com) COPYRIGHT
Copyright(c) 1999 by John Siracusa. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2002-11-27 Net::Hotline::Task(3pm)