Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk printing all columns after (but including) $n Post 302173079 by cassj on Wednesday 5th of March 2008 02:22:37 PM
Old 03-05-2008
That works beautifully! Thanks very much, matt! :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing columns

Here's what I wrote: #!/bin/sh d1=`grep Dialtone dialtone | awk '{print $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9}'` d2=`grep pstsys dialtone | awk '{print $12}'` echo "$d1 $d2" I expected the result to be this: Dialtone on host 1 slot 13 port 1, pstsys05 Dialtone on host 1 slot 13 port 1,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing Columns in Unix

ok. this is a bit of a difficult question but i've been trying to figure this out for quite some time but couldn't. how do I print columns on the screen? like take for instant. using the ls and the file command, how do i print it so i can have the filenames on the left hand side and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

including spaces in awk output

I need to tweek my awk output: #cat filename ab cd ef:ghi:jk lm:nop qrs #cat filename | awk '{ for(i=3;i<NF+1;i++) printf $i}' ef:ghi:jklm:nopqrs I would like the ouput to include the original spaces from columns 3 on: ef:ghi:jk lm:nop qrs any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing two lines in awk as two columns in excel

hi guys, i would like to print two lines from a file as two adjacent columns using excel using awk.. i have this so far: awk '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {printf("%s\n",$i)}}' "$count".ttt > "$count".csv #this to print the first line from the .ttt file as rows of the first column in the .csv... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing columns

Im using awk to print columns. Basically I have a file with like 500 columns and I want to print the 200th-300th column and ignore the rest... how would I do it without putting $200, $201 .... $300 thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing columns with header

Hi Gurus, I want to extract certain columns from file 2 and combine with file 1. I am using the following script to extract the columns. $ awk 'FNR>1{print $2, $9, FILENAME}' *.lim > out1 However, this script does not print the titles of the columns 2 and 9. Can somebody help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing in columns

is there a short one-liner that can print out in columns instead of a long list? as in, instead of: apples oranges cats dogs sky monkey giraffe cups spoons tv cable it'll print something like this (properly indented of course :) ): (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing only columns containing a determined character with awk

Hello I'm trying to extract two columns from a database using awk, the thing is i have a variable number of columns in each row, and I just need to get out the two first ones ending in "," This is an example: ABE, ABE V149 MAZIE ARD CYN ACY, ACY, , , ,TEC, , 5000, , , 1, ZNY,ZDC ABE, ABE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vir
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK print last field including SPACES

I have simple test.sh script, see below: bill_code=`echo $record | awk -F"|" '{print $1}'` Fullname=`echo $record | awk -F"|" '{print $3}'` email=`echo $record | awk -F\ '{print $4}'` The last field contains spaces: see csv below: A0222|Y|DELACRUZ|-cc dell@yahoo.com-cc support@yahoo.com ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: quay
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match not printing desired columns

Hi all, I'm trying to match the following two files with the code below: awk -F, 'NR==FNR {a=$0; next} ($12,$4) in a {print $12,$1,a}' OFS="," file4.csv file3.csv but the code does not print the entire row from file4 in addition to column 12 and 1 of file3. file4: o,c,q,co,ov,b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bkane3
1 Replies
pads.conf(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      pads.conf(8)

NAME
pads.conf - pads configuration file DESCRIPTION
This man page describes the format of the pads(8) configuration file. Empty lines and lines beginning with '#' are ignored. PARAMETERS
daemon [0/1] his parameter determines whether the application will go into the background. 0 = Disable, 1 = Enable pid_file <file> Filename of the pads PID file. This value should be set if you are planning on using daemon mode. sig_file <file> Alternate location for the pads-signature-list file. mac_file <file> Alternate location for the pads-ether-codes file. user <username> This is the name of the user pads will run as when started as root. group <groupname> This is the name of the group pads will run as when started as root. interface <interface> This contains the name of the interface PADS will listen to. filter <filter> This value contains a libpcap filter to be applied to the PADS session. For example, to filter only SSH traffice, specify "filter 'port 22'". network <network> This string contains a comma seperated list of networks to be monitored. Only assets found in these networks will be recorded. For example, "network 192.168.0.0/24,192.168.1.0/24,10.10.10.0/24". output screen This output plugin displays PADS data to the screen. When using the configuration file, it defaults to off. output csv: <filename> This output plugin writes PADS data to a CSV file. Optionally, a CSV filename can be specified as an argument. output fifo: <filename> This output plugin writes PADS data to a FIFO file. Optionally, a FIFO filename can be specified as an argument. SEE ALSO
pads(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Matt Shelton <matt@mattshelton.com> BUGS
Please send bug reports to the author. AUTHORS
Matt Shelton <matt@mattshelton.com> 2005/06/17 pads.conf(8)