Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging lines - Tuning the script Post 302172860 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 5th of March 2008 01:42:57 AM
Old 03-05-2008
Hi,

You'd better tell us your requirement. Maybe some one can figure out some different solution, then you can compare them.

I think nobody like to read the complex scripte line by line.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging lines into one

Hello. I would be very pleased if sb. help me to solve my problem. I've got a file with many non blank lines and I want to merge all lines into one not destroy the informations on them. I've tryed it with split and paste, tr, sed , but everything I've done has been wrong. I know about crazy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Foxgard
8 Replies

2. Web Development

MySQL Tuning Tools with mysqltuner.pl and tuning-primer.sh

We have been tuning MySQL lately and I ran accoss two useful tools that you might be interested in: mysqltuner.pl tuning-primer.sh Both of these scripts are quite useful for MySQL tuning. Here is some sample output of mysqltuner.pl >> MySQLTuner 0.9.8 - Major Hayden... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for merging lines in a loop

Dear All, I need a script to merge lines of an input file in a loop, please guide me for the script or one liner(awk, sed, tr, shell, perl). I/P File------------------------- APaul,,,,SDH,,23,,,PPH,,2 ,,,,KKH,,19,,,MMH,,12, ,,,,CCH,,22,,,MNH,,19, ,,,,TCH,,55,,,NNH,,67,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashis.tewari
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging lines

Hi folks. Could somebody help me write a script or command that will look through a file and for every line that doesn't contain a certain value, merge it with the one above? For example, the file contains: SCOTLAND|123|ABC|yes SCOTLAND|456|DEF|yes SCOTLAND|78 9|GHI|yes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDM
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two .txt files by alternating x lines from file 1 and y lines from file2

Hi everyone, I have two files (A and B) and want to combine them to one by always taking 10 rows from file A and subsequently 6 lines from file B. This process shall be repeated 40 times (file A = 400 lines; file B = 240 lines). Does anybody have an idea how to do that using perl, awk or sed?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ink_LE
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging lines

Thanks it worked for me. I have one more question on top of that. We had few records which were splitted in 2 lines instead of one. Now i identified those lines. The file is too big to open via vi and edit it. How can i do it without opening the file. Suppose, I want line number 1001 & 1002 to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 lines together

I have a small problem, which due to my lack of knowledge, has left me unable to decipher some of the solutions that I looked at on these forums. So below is a piece of text, which I ran via cat -vet, which comes from within a program file. I have many such programs to process and repeatable,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skarnm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging the lines of a file

Hello, I have a file with few lines starting with a digit (1-5 only ) followed by a dot (.). Remaining all the lines to be merged with its previous numbered lines. Merging must be done with a space. E.g., Source file: 3. abc def xyz 5. pqr mno def 4. jkl uvw 7. ghi 1. abc xyz 6. mno... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging multiple lines to columns with awk, while inserting commas for missing lines

Hello all, I have a large csv file where there are four types of rows I need to merge into one row per person, where there is a column for each possible code / type of row, even if that code/row isn't there for that person. In the csv, a person may be listed from one to four times... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RalphNY
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merging two lines into one (awk)

Hi, I am attempting to merge the following lines which run over two lines using awk. INITIAL OUTPUT 2019 Sep 28 10:47:24.695 hkaet9612 last message repeated 1 time 2019 Sep 28 10:47:24.695 hkaet9612 %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_INTERFACE_REMOVED: Interfa ce Ethernet1/45 is down (Interface removed)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sand1234
10 Replies
cgtrfs.f(3)							      LAPACK							       cgtrfs.f(3)

NAME
cgtrfs.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine cgtrfs (TRANS, N, NRHS, DL, D, DU, DLF, DF, DUF, DU2, IPIV, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO) CGTRFS Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine cgtrfs (characterTRANS, integerN, integerNRHS, complex, dimension( * )DL, complex, dimension( * )D, complex, dimension( * )DU, complex, dimension( * )DLF, complex, dimension( * )DF, complex, dimension( * )DUF, complex, dimension( * )DU2, integer, dimension( * )IPIV, complex, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, complex, dimension( ldx, * )X, integerLDX, real, dimension( * )FERR, real, dimension( * )BERR, complex, dimension( * )WORK, real, dimension( * )RWORK, integerINFO) CGTRFS Purpose: CGTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. Parameters: TRANS TRANS is CHARACTER*1 Specifies the form of the system of equations: = 'N': A * X = B (No transpose) = 'T': A**T * X = B (Transpose) = 'C': A**H * X = B (Conjugate transpose) N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. DL DL is COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of A. D D is COMPLEX array, dimension (N) The diagonal elements of A. DU DU is COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) superdiagonal elements of A. DLF DLF is COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) multipliers that define the matrix L from the LU factorization of A as computed by CGTTRF. DF DF is COMPLEX array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the upper triangular matrix U from the LU factorization of A. DUF DUF is COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) elements of the first superdiagonal of U. DU2 DU2 is COMPLEX array, dimension (N-2) The (n-2) elements of the second superdiagonal of U. IPIV IPIV is INTEGER array, dimension (N) The pivot indices; for 1 <= i <= n, row i of the matrix was interchanged with row IPIV(i). IPIV(i) will always be either i or i+1; IPIV(i) = i indicates a row interchange was not required. B B is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X X is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by CGTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX LDX is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR FERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR BERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK WORK is COMPLEX array, dimension (2*N) RWORK RWORK is REAL array, dimension (N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value Internal Parameters: ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 209 of file cgtrfs.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 cgtrfs.f(3)