Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed , Replace a "variable text" inside of a statement Post 302172708 by jackn7 on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 02:40:07 PM
Old 03-04-2008
Thanks a bunch

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to replace string with "sed"

Hi folks, I have the following configuration file: tofu:/tmp # cat bitbandConfig.properties maestroIp=10.10.10.10 maestroPort=2020 adminPlayPath=<Streaming Agent IP>:2021/streamingGateway/GetPlayList ###This part should not be changed### adminPlayVODProtocol=http username=iptv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace word with using "sed" not work...

Hi, I have a xml text file with the following data, I would like replace F0</Number> to F</Number> only. i used sed to replace, but it not work!! anyone can help? <Number>11 20 03 22 23 21 91 00 F0</Number> <Number>12 20 03 20 99 21 91 20 F0</Number> <Number>10 21 03 21 78 21 92 27... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
28 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replacing tabs inside "" with some text/blank

I am poor with scripting;) I have a file in the following format; 'This is a "test in production" of importance.' I want to get rid of the spaces inside the "" part only to get the output as, 'This is a "testinproduction" of importance.' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shmathew
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: a "replace unless match" question

Context: I am using sed in a cronjob to change the dates in a separate sql script every week. Each week the dates must be updated to reflect the Monday and Friday of the previous week. I have solved the problem but in solving it I discovered a major weakness in my knowledge of sed. Lines to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to Search and Replace inside the pipe "|"

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to replace the qoutes inside the pipe | in my Text File like belows; "AAAA"|"Test "1-A""|"Test AAAA"|"This is A" "BBBB"|"Test "1-B""|"Test BBBB"|"This is B" "CCCC"|"My Test C"|"Test "CCCC""|"This is C" The output I need like belows; "AAAA"|"Test 1-A"|"Test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command to replace "|" with ^ for all *.dat files in a folder not working

I am trying to use the below sed command to replace all "|" to ^, in a folder had 50 dat files. when i tried with 1 file it worked but when i tried with wild card, is not working. sed -i 's/"|"/\^/g' *.dat Is this the proper way to use sed command thank you very much for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
3 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)