Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assistance with regex and config files Post 302172699 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 02:11:50 PM
Old 03-04-2008
With awk you can achieve that as follow:

Code:
awk 'NR > 1{print "mount  -t " $1 " " $2 " " $3 " " $4}' "./mounts.cfg" | sh

Try this first to see if you get the desired command.

Code:
awk 'NR > 1{print "mount -t " $1 " " $2 " " $3 " " $4}' "./mounts.cfg"

Regards

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-04-2008 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: edit code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Urgent Need for Assistance: Triggering Windows bat files from UNIX

Hello, Is there a way to trigger a Windows bat file or program on a different machine from a different UNIX server using KSC file? I hope you can assist me with this. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assistance with combining, sorting and saving multi files into one new file

Good morning. I have a piece of code that is currently taking multiple files and using the CAT.exe command to combine into one file that is then sorted in reverse order based on the 3rd field of the file, then displayed on screen. I am trying to change this so that the files are being combined into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaacmmason
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Assistance with gzipping files with same names

Hello, I have an issue on a webserver where I have a perl script rotating and moving the logs to an archive directory where they are gzipped. This is working fine. The problem is when there is tracing enabled on my webserver where the tracelogs are rotated whenenver they reach 100Meg and they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techwiz45
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dhcp.config file scripting assistance

Hello everyone! I am brand new at this forum thing and wanted to thank all of you for your time and help in advance for helping me troubleshoot my issue. I am fairly new to shell scripting and scoured the entire internet to find a solution for my issue to no avail and hope you're able to help. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sedrocks
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance for sorting files

Hi there, I have tried using the "find" command to do this but to no avail as the "find -mtime" command I used descend to the directories from my current working directory. Say in "directoryA" has multiple files and those files are created on a daily basis. Under "directoryB", there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chewku
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance with an awk code to split files but keep the header

---------- Post updated at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:46 AM ---------- Hello all I have an awk code that successfully creates separate text files based on the first six letters of the second field. What it doesn't do is preserve the header into each resulting file. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: colecandoo
6 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

(VS 2008) New build config looking files from other folder build config

Hi Team, My new build configuration always looking for the files from the build where i copied from. please help me to resolve this. I am using Visual studio 2008.It has Qt 4.8. plugins,qml,C++ development I created new debug_new build configuration with additional preprocessor from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk assistance - Comparing 2 csv files

Hello all, I have searched high and low for a solution to this, many have come really close but not quite what I'm after. I have 2 files. One contains GUID's, for example: 8121E002-96FE-4C9C-BC5A-6AFF20DACECD 84468F30-F3B7-418B-81F0-0908E80792BF A second file, contains a path to the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirmUK
8 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)