Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX db2 - copy data from one db to another Post 302172585 by jyoung on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 06:48:31 AM
Old 03-04-2008
Thank you Sprellarinn I will take a look at the redirected restore.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy prod data to QA

We keep getting production files into an input directory. These files will be processed three times a day. 8:00AM 1:30PM 5:30PM file1.20041005_05303423.dat File2.200041005_14232313.dat Once the files are processed, they are archived immediately to prod/archive directory ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zomboo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data transfer from DB2 to Sybase using Perl?

Hi, Good Morning everybody. I need to write a perl script which will get some data from DB2 table and then put it into Sybase table. I have the experience in Oracle and Unix but new to these perl, DB2 and Sybase technologies. Appreciate if any one can suggest with a sample code. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajus19
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy, clear and keep to new data only

I have an Ingres database logfile that grows constantly, iircp.log. It is always "attached" to the Ingres process that uses it, and I do not want to screw up the data. I have been copying it to another directory and then using vi on the original to reduce the size 34000 lines at a time. What I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarge
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exception while loading DB2 driver Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver")

Hi... I m working on UNIX z/OS. Actually i have to pass the parameters from the JCL to java-db2 program thru PARM. I am able to pass the arguments but the problem occured is, it is throwing an exception while loading the db2 driver as 'Javaclassnotfound:com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with loading data from DB2 database to CSV file

Hi everyone!! I need help regarding this. How can we load data from DB2 Database tables into a Comma Separated File? I also have another Question? Using Shell scripting, Is it easy to read Data from a table or from a text file? It is very urgent for me. Please help me out guys. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export data from DB2 table to .txt file(space delimited)

Hi I need help on this. Its very urgent for me.. please try to help me out.. I have data in tables in DB2 database. I would like to export the data from DB2 tables into a text file, which has to be space delimited. so that I can carry out awk, grep operations on that file. I tried to export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
2 Replies

7. AIX

extract data from DB2 and FTP it outside ompany's firewall

The main function is to extract the data from DB2 tables and FTPed to outside the company's firewall directly. pls find the attachment and help me out..i have only one day to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
1 Replies

8. AIX

Extract data from DB2 tables and FTP it to outside company's firewall

Please help me in creating the script in AIX. requirement is; The new component's main function is to extract the data from DB2 tables and company's firewall directly. The component function needs to check the timestamp in the DB2 tables ((CREDAT and CRETIM) with the requested timestamp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Copy data over a TB

Hi All, We are not able to grow a UFS filesystem since its size will be going over a TB and it wasn't created using -T with newfs. Hence we have decided to take the backup of all the files on another filesystem and recreate it using -T with newfs. Please recommend the most reliable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalaswani
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and paste data

I need to copy from specified lines and paste the data into several other lines. XX123450008 xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x XX123451895 xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x ...... XX123452012 xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
13 Replies
xfs_mdrestore(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  xfs_mdrestore(8)

NAME
xfs_mdrestore - restores an XFS metadump image to a filesystem image SYNOPSIS
xfs_mdrestore [ -g ] source target DESCRIPTION
xfs_mdrestore is a debugging tool that restores a metadata image generated by xfs_metadump(8) to a filesystem. The source argument speci- fies the location of the metadump image and the target argument specifies the destination for the filsystem image. If the source is -, then the metadata image is read from stdin. This allows the output of be another program such as a compression application to be redirected to xfs_mdrestore. The target can be either a file or a device. xfs_mdrestore should not be used to restore metadata onto an existing filesystem unless you are completely certain the target can be destroyed. OPTIONS
-g Shows restore progress on stdout. DIAGNOSTICS
xfs_mdrestore returns an exit code of 0 if all the metadata is successfully restored or 1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
xfs_metadump(8), xfs_repair(8), xfs_check(8), xfs(5) BUGS
Email bug reports to xfs@oss.sgi.com. xfs_mdrestore(8)