Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Courier IMAP to Dovecot Migration Post 302172561 by tmm on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 04:24:49 AM
Old 03-04-2008
Thanks for your reply Scine. I ran the migration script on one user's Maildir, but no luck.
Is the process for converting an IMAP user to POP3 is more then just deleting the IMAP account in the IMAP client and creating a POP3 account?
Sorry if I sound stupid.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

courier-imap auth problem

Hi, My box is freeBSD6 and I've installed courier-imap and I want to authenticate the clients against /etc/passwd file. Inside the configuration file: /usr/local/etc/courier-imap/pop3d I've not these lines : Why? AUTHMODULES="authdaemon" AUTHMODULES_ORIG="authdaemon" Nevertheless I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

2. BSD

Courier-IMAP 4.1

I will be using postfix and courier-imap version 4.1. I never configured courier-imap. What configurations files do I have to configure and how do I start courier-imap. There isn't a authdaemonrc file in the courier-imap directorry. The files that are listed are imapd imap-ssl.dist... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Courier-IMAP 4.1

I am running Freebsd 6.1, Postfix 2.2, and Courier-IMAP 4.1 I can telnet to port 143 I can't connect to IMAP server using microsoft outlook or any client. The authdaemon is running and working correctly I did netstat -an | grep -i list and it shows port 143 bound to the localhost 127.0.0.1. I can... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Courier-IMAP

I am running Unbuntu Server. I have installed postfix and courie-imap. I cant seem to be able to login using imap. Login failed. I can telnet using imap. I have a valid user. Authdaemonrc is running using authpam which is the default. I am running atmail webclient. What else do I need to check? (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Courier (authlib) and vacation

Hello, I want to use vacation autoreply with courier userdb Users is in "/etc/courier/userdb" I search on forum but dont find anything about (only found for local and mysql user) How to configure an user to use vacation (or other stuff) to make autoreply with userdb ? Plateform :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: safsound
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Courier-IMap

I am running postfix, courier-imap and Atmail Webmail client. I can telnet to port 143 I can send mail from the command line using the mail command to the user. When I try to login through webmail using the atmail client nothing happens. I check the the maillog and it shows the localhost address... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
DOVECOT(1)							      Dovecot								DOVECOT(1)

NAME
dovecot - a secure and highly configurable IMAP and POP3 server SYNOPSIS
dovecot [-Fp] [-c config-file] dovecot -a [-c config-file] dovecot -n [-c config-file] dovecot --build-options dovecot --help dovecot --version dovecot reload dovecot stop DESCRIPTION
Dovecot is an open source IMAP and POP3 server for Linux/UNIX-like systems, written with security primarily in mind. Dovecot is an excel- lent choice for both small and large installations. It's fast, simple to set up, requires no special administration and it uses very lit- tle memory. OPTIONS
-a Dump all configuration settings to stdout and exit successfully. The same as doveconf -a. -c config-file Start dovecot with an alternative configuration. -F Run dovecot in foreground, do not daemonize. -n Dump non-default settings to stdout and exit successfully. The same as doveconf -n. -p Prompt for the ssl key password for the configured ssl_key on startup. --build-options Show Dovecot's build options and exit successfully. --help Print a usage message to stdout and exit successfully. --version Show Dovecot's version and exit successfully. COMMANDS
reload Force dovecot to reload its configuration. stop Shutdown dovecot and all its child processes. When shutdown_clients is set to no, existing sessions will continue to use the old settings, after a dovecot reload. Also all sessions will keep alive after a dovecot stop. By default all active sessions will be shut down. SIGNALS
Dovecot handles the following signals as described: HUP Force dovecot to reload its configuration. INT Shutdown dovecot and all its child processes. TERM Shutdown dovecot and all its child processes. USR1 Force dovecot to reopen all configured log files (log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path). The signals ALARM and PIPE are ignored. FILES
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf Dovecot's main configuration file. /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext Dovecot's LDAP authdb/userdb module configuration file. /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext Dovecot's SQL authdb/userdb module configuration file. /etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext Dovecot's dict configuration with SQL-backend. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-*-conf.ext Configuration files of different authentication modules. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/*.conf Configuration files of different services and settings. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html AUTHOR
Dovecot <http://dovecot.org> and its manual pages were written by the Dovecot authors <http://dovecot.org/doc/AUTHORS>, mainly Timo Sir- ainen <tss at iki.fi>, and are licensed under the terms of the MIT and LGPLv2.1 licenses, see <http://dovecot.org/doc/COPYING> for details. SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveconf(1), dovecot-lda(1), dsync(1) Dovecot v2.1 2010-07-02 DOVECOT(1)